Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Tuesday 10 March 2009

Ruby Wedding Anniversary


This was so simple to do, but looks quite effective. The base card is one of those big ones, 8 x 6", the birds and heart are a cut from the wedding solutions cartridge with a few blobs of liquid pearls and some gems added. I used the Martha Stewart heart border punch, the black lace is a self adhesive strip by papermania, and the embossed flowers on the right were done with one of the cuttlebug border punches. When I was photographing it I noticed a blob of red liquid pearls right in the centre of the back of the card. Oh bummer, another cover-up job. Anyone who gets one of my cards, probably turns it over and says 'look, she's even put some little hearts on the back................' not realising that under the sweet little hearts lies a messy disaster.
The wording was done using a home-made rub on. Simply type your words, set your printer so that the mirror image option is ON, and print onto the smooth side of a transparency sheet. Let the ink set for a minute, then use as you would any rub-on.
Talking of Martha Stewart, at long last these punches are available in the UK, I am so delighted, although I think I own most of them, but it means that I can now use them on magazine cards (I have to be able to credit a UK supplier for stuff I use). Go to Stamps and Memories - they have them on their website.

32 comments:

  1. Just Beautiful!!! and I love the shoe below...that is so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunning creation, love all the little eye catchers, punched borders, are so beautiful and thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction. There goes the credit card again lol.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful!! I went to Michael's and bought this cart yesterday. They have them on sale for $29.99. I was so inspired by the cards you've made with it, that I just HAD to have it. You are such an enabler! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful!!! I love everything about it!! Enjoy waking up every morning finding your blog update in my email and hurry to open it just to see what you've made!! Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya Enfys what a elegant card, I love the punched edges, its beautiful. joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, as always. I'm not glad you made a mess on the back of your card; I am glad that I'm not the only one that does that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this card is BEAUTIFUL:)

    Hugs Anja
    Be smart, make art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, gorgeous card hunny.

    Going to be on the look out for the border punches now, we are well behind the times here in the Province, so that will be another thing to add to the list for Brimingham lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just gorgeous! What a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! I love the red, black and white combo! Such cute birdies, too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As soon as I saw it I just went, Ohhhhh.. that is just so beautiful, (as always). Thanks for the tip on the homemade rub ons, will have to try that someday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A perfect Anniversary card, Enfys!!! Love how you laced it up :) with that Martha punch and the colors you chose said ROMANCE and LOVE right off the bat! I'm sure your covering of mess, turns out to be just another CUTE addition!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! It is just beautiful. The colors are just out of this world... WTG!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank You for visitiong my blog, I love this card, I am thinking of ideas for a Ruby Wedding Card as my Mum and Dad celebrate theirs in July. Your punched edges are stunning. Brill. Hazel xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another gorgeous card En, i love the shoe one too!
    thanks for the toot for the punches....i might ask for a couple for my Birthday! :)

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hehehhe! Glad to hear I'm not the only one who has blobby disasters! Lovely card - very effective too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful card, very elegant, sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning - the detail is just amazing Enfys x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh this is stunning Enfys! Thanks for the link I just urdered the MS heart border punch you enabler you!

    Hugs

    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sharp intake of breath at your amazing master piece enfys, it's a breathtakingly beautiful card
    Love Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is beautiful - I love your colour combos - always so pretty
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is gorgeous Enfys, just beautiful!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just gorgeous! I love it. So elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning card Enfys, just love the use of those punches. Did the CD arrive with your neighbour in Florida by the way? I am on target to remind you when you are out there!! Thanks hunny. Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. just beautiful as always
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is gorgeous Enfys!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Enfys this card is beautiful, another absolute show stopper from you again
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just stunning- I love all the edge treatments that you gave this card.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Enfys your cards always make me say wow! you have such talent.♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x