Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Wednesday 11 June 2008

If The Shoe Fits - Buy It In Every Colour!


I bought the Wedding Solutions cartridge JUST for this shoe, isn't it gorgeous? This is the first time I have used it, and I love the cut. I cut the base in black at 4", then the top layer in lime green which I ran through the cuttlebug using the tiny mosaic squares - I get a lot of use out of this folder, it is great for animal stuff and I think looks a bit like the markings on (expensive) leather shoes and bags.
The sewing was done with another new toy. A £50 mini sewing machine from John Lewis. Anyone in the UK looking for a small cheap machine for cards, I can recommend this one. It sews really well on cardstock, just has a few basic stitches, straight stitch at different lengths, and zig zag at different widths. Any wobbly bits are down to me, not the machine! I have a full size machine that is quite old, and it is just so heavy that I can never be bothered to get it out, and since my current passion is sewing on cards, this little machine is perfect, it only weighs 2lbs.
The other great news for me is that my new expression works perfectly. Was there a chance it wouldn't? Well, considering I had it in my hand luggage, without wheels, so slung over my shoulder, and had to run about a mile in Newark airport to get to my connecting flight, there was some disquiet about it in my mind. Not a good thing to do incidentally, security eyed it with great suspicion and puffed stuff all over it to make sure it wasn't an explosive device. They had more chance of me exploding than the cricut. The next day was interesting too - imagine the hunchback of Notre Dame with highlights in his hair and a glazed look on his face - yep, that was me........................................




17 comments:

  1. I love the shoe, this card is great, the embossing on the shoe just pops it. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your Expression survived it's journey!!! I love this shoe and the card is fab as always Enfys!
    Justine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i so love this card Enfy's i just ordered the wedding cart for that shoe !! glad to hear your daughter is on the mend !! take care hun !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab, what an amazing design!

    Samm
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay Enfys I am so going to scraplift this! I GOTTA MAKE ONE OF THESE CARDS!! LIKE RIGHT NOW!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no I think need that cart!!!!!
    That shoe is just sooooooo beautiful & elegant. The embossing looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card En and I can't imagine you carrying the Expression - I can hardly carry my normal one up and downstairs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enfys....I love your airport story!! You are so funny girlie!! This is the cutest shoe card....I love the embossed look!! COOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just used this cartidge for a wedding card workshop I am running this Saturday and it is just wonderful. I love your card Enfys -I love the way you used the cuttlebug to give texture. Completely fab xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great story nad fabulous card :) They always seem to pick on me at airports...i must have a guilty look or something ?

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome card, I love that shoe!! And what a great quote!!!

    And btw, hilarious story, sorry about Newark, I refuse to connect through that airport! :P

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG love the embossing on the shoe, it looks so real! All of your latest stuff looks awesome! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your shoe,and the card is really great.
    Well done

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, I love your shoe card. How did you attach the shoe to the card? it looks like it is 3D.
    Thank you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the shoe. Now I'll have to buy the cart just for the shoe too!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x