Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 12 November 2021

Jolly Holly

The challenge over at Daring Cardmakers this week is Jolly Holly Days, pop over there to see the fantastic creations from the design team, and we would love you to join in

I made mine with a variety of die cut leaves on a twig wreath background. I cut them all in white and inked them. Holly and bow dies are by Spellbinders. I spattered a bit of white acrylic paint on the navy background. Sentiment stamp by Tim Holtz, embossed in white WOW embossing powder


I went to a lecture yesterday on Moorish architecture in Spain - it was focused mainly on Andalucia, especially the gorgeous city of Cordoba, and it took me right back to a week Mike and I spent there some years ago. That area of Spain is the home of flamenco, there was a local festival of some type going on, which meant all the women were dressed in gorgeous flamenco dresses and mantilla's, even the young girls, who were perched on the back of their boyfriends scooters in full flamboyant dresses. One night we went back to the hotel, it was quite late, but there were crowds of excited people gathered outside....big crowds. They were clearly waiting for someone, we thought it would be a pop star we had never heard of, but the noise and cheers were overwhelming when a car drew up and out stepped a Matador, fresh from the bullring, still wearing his bejewelled suit of lights

Isn't it lovely when something triggers memories of days and events you have forgotten? Yesterday in that lecture, I could almost feel the warmth of the sun and smell the delicious aromas wafting out of the tapas bars

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas card Enfys.
    It is nice to have memories resurface. I just came across a Christmas scrapbook I made years ago. My son was so small, sitting on Santa's lap. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! Wreaths are one of my favorite holiday symbols. I also love when something triggers a memory of our travels to beautiful places, family gatherings or special friends. I love immersing myself in those feelings over and over.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x