Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Tuesday 3 March 2015

Spot the mistake.......

So I decided to try my hand at doing a subway art type of thing using vinyl and my Cricut Explore. I've never cut vinyl before, I must admit I am not a fan of wall quotes and I know where the bathroom is without having to put a label on the door....but I did fancy doing something, so I went to a Home Sense store and found a nice frame. I decided to do a subway art for my daughter Alex and her boyfriend Declan, putting down some of the places they have visited together. As I was doing it, they were skiing in France, but I didn't have a clue where, and thought I might seem like an overprotective sort of mum if I sent her a text saying 'where exactly are you, can you spell it for me please......' So the skiing trip didn't make it onto the wall............



I had to Google the process, but there were loads of YouTube videos and after watching a couple it was really easy to do, I may be a bit hooked and will have to revise my thinking on labelling doors and walls, it was fun! Anyway, here is the end result. Ta Da! Now see if you can spot the mistake............


Okay, I know, I cut another C and put it right! See you tomorrow x

15 comments:

  1. It took me a few minutes to find it, funny how our brain sees something and thinks it is right - Francisco will look better with a 'c' but the whole hanging looks beautiful, despite it! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous hanging, the lucky couple will love it. I wonder if they would have spotted the San Fran mistake? Looking at the hanging as a whole I didn't see it but because I knew there was something wrong I looked more carefully, still took a couple of minutes to spot it though! Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always had trouble with Francisco. Even spelled correctly it looks wrong. LOL
    Very cool little piece. The kids are well traveled for sure. I'm sure they'll love it, mistake and all.TFS
    Hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did spot it, but I seem to have a gift for spotting misspelled words. I wouldn't have mentioned it, though! LOL. Your sign is really cool, and I'm sure it will be very much appreciated. I haven't tried vinyl yet either, but you and the Explore are making me feel I should, now. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it and really didn't catch your error until you mentioned it. Your daughter will really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maryellen WebberTuesday, March 03, 2015

    I love how this project turned out!!!! I would like to make one for myself now... Your daughter will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh what fun. It looks like something you would buy in a trendy interior store if you had loads of money LOL. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol..........me too stopped it but hey you could set a new trend....lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love spelling, so it jumped right out at me. They will love their framed art. Good job Enfys. The only things I've ever done with vinyl are coffee cups.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the different fonts you used. What a fun gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spotted it but only because you laid down the challenge lol. Its a brilliant idea Enfys. Bet they loved it and the spelling mistake makes it even more special. They will be talking about it for years to come lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks great! I made quite a few of this style cutting board/trivets for Christmas gifts this past year. Don't know if you have anything there like them, but I got them at the Dollar Tree and put the vinyl on the back side. You can see some of the ones I did on my blog at this post. I hope this link comes through http://www.kristiekreates.blogspot.com/2014/10/cutting-boardstrivets.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous gift Enfys.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I lost my heart in San Fransisco ... opps, I mean ... San Francisco! Gotta love a booboo every now and then. Once you get past the "Whoops" moment, there is always a good chuckle. You did an amazing job on your very first attempt at subway art. This will be a very special gift for Alex and her boyfriend ... one that will bring back many wonderful memories for them.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x