Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Monday 31 March 2014

Florida 2



Well I really have left you to your own devices over the past week, I hope you have taken advantage of the break from my ramblings to do a lot of crafting/knitting/sewing/painting/whatever floats your boat. Me? I have actually done very little, the weather has been disappointingly cool so my dreams of long lazy days by the pool with a good book have been scuppered. In fact it poured with rain one day, (I vowed to myself at one stage on this particular day that if one more person told me that they needed the rain, I was going to slap them, dampness and irritation beginning to show...... ) I have seen nothing but rain for the past six months, wouldn't you think it could have held off until I left. But no, temperatures remain stubbornly below normal - meanwhile, back in rainy old Britain, they are enjoying a heat wave - it was hotter in my hometown yesterday than here. 

What I have enjoyed is renewing my love of Florida's bird life. This cardinal comes for his breakfast every morning......



and some tiny little goldfinches too.......



and my new best friend and constant companion is my hosts adorable nine month old Havanese puppy, Lola......


I wanted to show you this gorgeous gift I got from Carol, one of the friends I met in Orlando, I have been online friends with her for years, and she is a very faithful visitor to my blog, never failing to leave me a lovely comment, just look at the gorgeous parcel of goodies she bought for me. Thank you so much Carol, I'll be posting the projects I make with them when I get back home xxx


and of course, when the weather is irritatingly cool, and to stop myself from slapping innocent strangers, what was I to do? Go shopping of course.....
I LOVE these new stacks from DCWV, the one on the top left is real burlap which is backed with paper, the blue one is a stack called gauze, and the front one is a stack of different earthy colours of corrugated card....... 


Here's a close up of the gauze, I don't know how they did it, but it really is a gauzy mesh that has been adhered to the cardstock. 


Some more stencils jumped into my cart when I wasn't paying attention, all by Heidi Swapp, my haul also included some 12 x 12 stencils that I forgot to photograph....


and a few Tim Holtz bits and pieces - well, they were on sale....


My biggest purchase by far is the Scan N Cut by Brother, which I have been playing around with a little. I'll be doing a couple of posts later this week on that. 
In the meantime, the weather forecast is looking good for today, tomorrow and Wednesday. The day I fly home is going to be the hottest day of the year so far......predictable don't you think. But suntan cream at the ready, book under my arm, if you need me I'll be by the pool.....

16 comments:

  1. Well, I'll tell you Enfys, this year has been a doozie. Here in Western NY state it's been terribly cold and over night last night we got about 6" of snow. A few weeks ago hubby and I went south to visit an aunt in NC and what did we get? Beautiful sunny skies and warm temps? NO, we got rain and 40 degrees and on the way home an ice storm. What is that about? I feel your pain! Glad you've had fun in the stores if not by the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love the birds, so pretty! I love birds too, but the ones in my garden are usually pigeon/doves and starlings! We do have a friendly little robin though, some sparrows and a couple of blackbirds :)

    Even though you haven't had the weather you were hoping for I hope you're having a fantastic time. Kat xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry the weather hasn't been kind to you but in true crafter style you're taking it on the chin and shopping...just as well there is a large pond between us...I'd be mugging you for that stash of gorgeous DCVW papers...big hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well the shopping seems to have been great even if the weather isn't.

    You haven't missed much here in the UK...mornings have been frosty & foggy, the mid part of the day reasonably fine and the evenings have been chilly. We have had a couple of lovely weekends recently but Mothering Sunday was not a good day - short spell of sun teasing us into thinking that the day was set fair, then the grey cloud, heavy storminess and a few spits of rain.

    Hope you get to read that book by the pool.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Enfys,
    I can't help but wonder how many extra luggage you will have this time ;-). But... I totally agree! Never leave a bargain (or anything you may, perhaps, ever need).
    You brought a smile to my face again this morning (as with every post). Not to rub it in, but here in the Netherlands we are also FINALLY enjoying some wonderful sunny weather and temperatures as high as 20-22 degrees (not Fahrenheit :-)).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Enfys,
    I can't help but wonder how many extra luggage you will have this time ;-). But... I totally agree! Never leave a bargain (or anything you may, perhaps, ever need).
    You brought a smile to my face again this morning (as with every post). Not to rub it in, but here in the Netherlands we are also FINALLY enjoying some wonderful sunny weather and temperatures as high as 20-22 degrees (not Fahrenheit :-)).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your time in the sunny weather, now! At least you have a chance to end on a good note, now. The shopping looks wonderful, and it will be fun to see your new projects. BethAnn M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry about the weather here in Florida Enfys ... sometimes Mother Nature just refuses to cooperate, doesn't she! However, I am glad that the poor weather gave you a chance to get in a little shopping. You've made some wonderful purchases. I haven't seen the burlap, linen or corrugated papers yet. Looks like I will need to go on a shopping spree too, because they look like papers that will be fun to craft will. I'm looking forward to seeing what you create with them.

    I'm also anxious to hear your thoughts about the Brother ScanNCut machine. I've been drooling over it ever since you first mentioned it a couple of months ago. I hope you like it ... after viewing a few videos, the SnC looks like it's an amazing machine ... how wonderful that it scans, cuts and draws. And best of all ... no need for a computer or online program to operate it.

    Again, sorry for the disappointing weather, but I hope you are enjoying your visit anyway! Have fun by the pool. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning! I am sure Florida won't let you down, sunny skies to come! Enjoy your time, relax and I'm sure your brain is coming up with tons of ideas for upcoming projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Florida isn'twhat it used to be. Hot weather in the AM and an hour or so of thunderstorms in the PM and then humid and hot after the storm. It was predictable every day. Now, it is so different. Less rain, more cool weather, but sun at least. The golfers are out rain or shine. It was jacket weather this AM shen I took the dogs out in Trinity. So, I guess every place has its problems. Have a good trip home.

    Dianne Bell - Sewpro02@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you're still managing to have a good time, despite the cool weather, Enfys and what better way to pass the time than a bit of crafty retail therapy!
    The little birds are so pretty and colourful! I love seeing the birds in the garden, so much so that I constructed myself a bird table the other week! Mind you, all we get are boring brown sparrows and the odd blue tit! Enjoy the rest of your holiday! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry you've had yucky weather, but glad you're making the best of it. 2 years ago we were in Scotland for what was reported to be the coldest and wettest June in recorded history. We bought raincoats and umbrellas and made the best of it. We do want to go back when the sun is shining.
    How are you going to get all those wonderful treasures home? the airlines will charge you a fortune!
    Hope the next few days are the weather you are expecting!
    Smiles,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Got mom home this AM. So tired. Getting ready to order the Scan and Cut I have wanted since Christmas. I am going to get mine from HSN....We will have to chat. I want this machine so bad. Hope the visit is wonderful. Wish you were going to come and see me in Kentucky.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, retail therapy beats bad weather any day. Hope you find some sunshine soon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the birds too. And what a cute little dog. I understand completely about this bad weather! I've had enough! Grrrrr. I got quite a chuckle when you said you'd slap the next one who said they need the rain! lol Fun new goodies, shopping is the best thing when it's raining. Good to hear from you again. Hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x