Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Thursday 23 June 2011

Sweet Little Girl

My card today is a Lili of the Valley image, she actually came ready coloured, they do these sheets of all sorts of different sizes in printed images, perfect for quick cards when you haven't got a lot of time to colour.

I used a base scallop card, and some gingham papers from a stack by The Paper Company. I pleated a strip of paper to make a ruffle and added some mosaic tile gems to that. The sentiment is by Stampin Up



I thought this would be a nice card to send someone who is having a hard time for whatever reason - I always think that a homemade card is one of the nicest things you can give to show that you care

The weather here in Spain is wonderful, we see that the UK is due to have a heatwave starting this weekend - inevitable really, it always gets hot and sunny as soon as I leave the UK. They should really put helpful little signs on at the end of each long-range weather forecast..........


June 19th - July 5th heatwave expected, Enfys has left the country. Safe to arrange barbecues, trips to the seaside, painting the outside of your house and any other external jobs during this time. Please note that the weather will revert to cold, damp and rainy on the 6th July


We are spending a lot of time lazing by the pool, it would be a lot more relaxing if we didn't see a rat running along the top of the wall alongside the pool at regular intervals during the day - yes, a rat, definitely not a squirrel, or a mouse, a very ratlike rat..........


See you tomorrow


13 comments:

  1. The same thing happens to me when I go away - went to Egypt at Easter when it was lovely here! x Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Louisville, Ky the first of the month on a Master Gardener bus trip (50 of us) and toured 11 different gardens. It was hot hot hot here in Tennessee and my hubby and grandson were takeing care of my plsnts. Oh well they are doing better now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! A rat, get out the gun! lol I love your wether forcast! Isnt that always the way... beautiful sun shiney days until your day off, or you plan a cookout, or pool party...then thunder and lightning and rain rain rain on the big day! Love the image of the little girl, sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to read your comments, Enfys. Wondered if the rat left the UK due to the weather ;- ) You always make me laugh. Have a wonderful vacation. Such a sweet card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous card Enfys,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card, it is perfect and always love hearing about what is goinging on in your life. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Enfys what a sweet image, your created a gorgeous card with it. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh, I love this very beautiful card, so bright and eye-catching, great job on it...
    Claudia W.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, just love the card and the idea of ready made, just put the card together!

    The weather forecast! Best one I've ever read! Too funny!

    Enjoy and many blessings,
    Donna
    grandma4five

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw this is an adorable card, love the bright colour against the soft colour of the image.
    Would you mind keeping us up to date with a schedule of your movements in future (3 months in advance should be enough) please so we know when to arrange all the things we want to do in the good weather lol
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is so cute. I love how you pleated the ribbon and then added gems. The weather here is always gorgeous the week before school gets out then wham, the rains come the week it gets out! I HATE rats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Enfys, What a beautiful image on such a bright and sunny card! It is gorgeous! I also love the pleated ribbon paper with gems.
    Sorry to hear about your "rat!" He sure must put a damper on relaxing by the pool. Eek! I don't like rats!
    Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card. Have been trying since I saw it to cut the scallops card and get the right size. No luck and LOTS of wasted paper for the Elegant Edges cart. Frustrated.
    Nancyvalley In Ohio

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x