Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 3 June 2011

Sshhhh it's a secret challenge.....

The challenge on Polkadoodles this week is

SECRET

(set by Nikky, you might know that she would come up with something different!)

By that, she means a secret surprise element on your project, go HERE to see all the lovely secrets the design team came up with, and for details of the blog hop, which has been extended for another week because of the blogger problems over this past week (people have been unable to comment) so we have extended the finish date until noon GMT (7:00AM EST) on Sunday 12th June
Click HERE for my original blog hop post to leave a comment if you want your name entered for the prize draw. Only comments made on that post will be entered

I decided to make a gift card box as my project for this week, using papers from the popular Sundae of Seasons CD - the bees, hive and honey pot are from the CD as well.

Here it is closed........

and when you open it a little gift card holder pops up
there is room to write a message below, and the drawer lifts out to take a surprise present

Still unpacking like crazy here, and later today I have to pack another case to take down to London. I seem to be living out of suitcases lately. The garden has had a few hours work today as well. I had a lovely water feature - a tall Ali Baba type terracotta urn with water spilling gently over the top onto a bed of pebbles. I noticed it was totally dry, and when I looked, the bottom of it has snapped neatly into four. So that's the end of my gently trickling water, but I have rescued the pot it's far too nice to throw out - even if it is bottomless. Looks good in a shady corner, I daresay the pest squirrels will use it as their pantry and fill it full of acorns

16 comments:

  1. one fab creation !!!
    sunny greetings, martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous Enfys.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely box En and love the theme.
    Sorry to hear about your pot.
    Have a great weekend anyway.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enfys -- I am so in love with your gift box. What a darling idea! It's so clever... and the colors shot happiness and cheer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I love that it pops up when opened. TFS
    Hugs, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun! You could put a Giraffe pin in the box for the surprise gift : )
    Better the squirrels store and eat the acorns from your repurposed water feature than the engine of your car... didn't you have damages from the little rascals before?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great, love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your project. I've seen you make these before and just love them. One day I'll give it a go and make some myself. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful box, love those bees too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea this box, it looks really fantastic.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi hun
    this is fabulous, gorgeous creation hun, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab project En and do keep saying to myself that I must make one of these cuties . . especially as you were so kind to give us a tutorial!

    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute is this! Wondering how the little thingy pops up when you open the drawer. Magic? Sorry about your water feature but glad you can rescue the pot. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really love this En.. I have used the bees on my cards a lot x
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x