Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Wednesday 22 June 2011

Clean and Simple - Happy Wedding Day

Have you used these new punches by Martha Stewart? You can position them anywhere on a page, and punch away to your hearts content. I found it helpful to mark the back of your paper with pencil where you want to punch. Put this paper onto the bottom piece of the die, turning it upside down to make sure your pencil line shows, then simply place the top of the die on top, and be prepared to jump out of your skin the first time, it is held in place by four very strong magnets, (the gold spots in each corner of the base) that snap together with quite astonishing strength.

I have an idea for a scrapbook page using this punch, I thought I would punch a sort of curve of butterflies going from the bottom left, up to the top right, then I am going to put different coloured cardstock behind each one, and stitch trails along the paper - I thought it would make a really bright and breezy summer layout, probably of Kiki. What do you think?


This card really is clean and simple, but I like the finished effect. I used the punch anywhere on the page Martha Stewart heart punch that QVC sent me to review - the order line is 0800 50 40 30

I simply punched the heart, and found some gorgeous acetate which has a criss cross of gold on it, which I put at the back of the heart. I used a pre-shaped card and white pearly card candi from Craftwork Cards, and heat embossed the sentiment (an old one by Hero Arts) in gold



Today is my sister's birthday, I don't think I will be able to call her from Spain, so Penblwydd Hapus Cariad (that's Welsh for Happy Birthday....) Have a great day Sis. Love you xx

14 comments:

  1. Wow this card is so simple yet so elegant - hope you're enjoying the sunshine.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all white projects, Looks fantastic. Candi is my new obsession and I love the white ones! Such a great job Enfys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card. Very elegant. I have these punches and love them and you're right about the magnets lol. I think your butterfly card idea is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card - Also, the Stamp Anywhere stamps are pretty cool, when I showed my love, he rolled his eyes and asked, "won't your Cricut do that?" Point taken.

    Happy birthday to your Sis!

    Blessings, Donna
    grandma4five

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wedding card is beautiful and I just love your idea for the butterfly scrapbook page. Will you please share it on your blog when it is done? I would so love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple but elegant... I haven't seen those punches.. but can't wait to see your layout with the butterflies.. sounds fabulous... AND happy birthday to your sister...AND I am sure you are having a super fun time in Spain.. hugs from Ukiah

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely CAS card Enfys - and I love your LO idea, sounds great
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card Enfys.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to your sis! I've always been curious about the Welsh language... all those b's, and d's and y's... so how would you pronounce that phrase? Or can you even tell me by phonically spelling it? I guess I should just go to the library and find a welsh dictionary. Lovely card Envys. TFS
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't tried these punches yet, but have seen them and think they are the coolest idea.
    I think your idea for the layout sounds great. I might just lift that idea from you, although I might stamp those butterflies. I hope you'll post the layout when you get it done.
    Love the card, very clean and simple and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet simple card. Like your idea for an album page for Kiki, hope you'll post it when you get it done! R/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi... that was great stuff.. I really like reading on this subject Could you tell me more on that... I love to explore

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful, Enfys, I'm going to have to have a go.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your posted wedding day card designed so beautifully...i really like it...
    Plastic business cards
    Plastic Card

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x