Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Monday 11 October 2010

Scaaaary...............

I made some cards using the new October 31st cartridge for Scrappy-Go-Lucky. This cartridge is not about cuddly little ghosts, it has a dark side that would be adored by teenagers. It's full of jagged edges, and scary images.
I used one of the borders for the jagged cut on the left, then cut the lantern at 6", and backed bits of it in orange cardstock. The sentiment is one of Studio G's halloweeen stamps from last year
To see the other cards I made, pop over to Scrappy-go-Lucky's blog


At last, I have a Dunkin experience to share with you, and yes, hand on heart this is exactly what happened. I was sitting in the sunshine when an elderly African-American woman, all dressed up, and carrying a walmart carrier bag, sat down at the next table. 'Hello honey' she said with a beaming smile. We started chatting, she was with her son and granddaughter.
'It's my husbands anniversary today' she announced
'oh, happy anniversary' I cried
'No, it's the anniversary of his passing' she said 'we always go to church then come here on his anniversary and birthday'
She unfurled the walmart bag to show me an ornate urn
'he normally lives in my china cabinet' she said chattily
Well, what could I say? How did I keep a straight face? What did I do?
I whipped out my notebook that I keep handy for when inspiration strikes me, and wrote a note to my kids, I will put it with my will!
Dear James, Edward and Alexandra
When I am no longer here, please don't carry me around in a walmart bag. Don't feel you have to buy me a coffee on my birthday, you never felt compelled to do that when I was alive, so don't feel you have to start now. I know that none of you own a china cabinet, please don't go out and buy one just for me
love
mum

22 comments:

  1. Oh Enfys your making this up! That is too funny, I would have wet my pants. Shari (cricutrookie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! I've been looking at that lamp to do some thing with it! thanks for sharing!
    liz :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For REAL? How DID you keep a straight face? I'm not sure I would be able to! 0ops, love your card too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Enfy's, you must have a weirdo magnet, hilarious :0)
    My Husband says he wants to be buried under the tree in our back garden, euww, much as I love him I wouldn't really want that!
    love your Hallowe'en creation, it's perfect! :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A masterpiece, the lantern lit yeah right.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will also add that to my will - although I don't care- if they want to haul me around -- so be it. My MIL is in my Father-in-laws garage - he doesn't want to let her go... AND he is remarried!! OMG.
    Leslie G. in USA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enfys - you sure know how to start my day with a smile. If I ever get to Florida I will have to try and find the same donut shop you go to just so I can have some excitement in my life. I don't know that I could keep a straight face however. I love your halloween card and how exciting if I could win som candy. You are so kind to share.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you have managed to discover one of Dunkin' Donuts finest moments! I love reading these as they are sooo funny thanks for sharing this one and I hope there are more to come xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card and the Studio G sentiment stamp. Your story has really put a smile on my face! The older I get, the more I realize that people, in general, are just nuts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't stop laughing Enfys! I love this! Your Halloween card is striking too! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the card but the story and the "letter" to your kids cracked me up...I'm sure I will be laughing about it all day...just toooooo funny....yeah I don't think my kids will carry me around but PLEASE in a Wal-Mart bag of all things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It has to be true, you can't make up this kind of stuff!!! lol either way, it's very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh My Gosh! I can't stop laughing!!! That is just toooooo funny!!!! By the way, I love the card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card, love the 'spooky' feel of it.
    Well that is quite the story. I don't know what to say to that one, except that we don't take my Dad for outings and I don't ever intend to. You do meet some strange ones!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Enfys! What a wonderful card!

    Oh, that poor woman, I feel so sorry for her because she must really-really miss her husband. Of course carrying around his urn and the other stuff is a bit extreme but I guess people cope with losses in a way that better enables them to be able to move on. How sad! But, I will say, it's does make a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two things. The card is awesome and I love that lantern and you need to find a new Dunkin Donuts. They are a chain for crying out loud. Surely you can find one that attracts less unusual people.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So gorgeous card Enfys.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the look of the card, will have to hop over to Scrappy to see the rest now.
    Oh you could never make a story like that up lol, people are so funny about what they feel they have to do with their loved ones. My mum rang me up a couple of months ago to tell me what I was NOT to do with her after her death following a similar unbelievable experience, she felt she had to get it all out just in case lol.
    Have a great week.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Enfys you have to write the DD stories. I would buy the book. I love them. I have two sons. I no I don't have to write them a note. I am sure someone will tell them when I go, but I know they won't be carrying me around. I just hope they don't sent me down in there messy apartment. I will be lost forever.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooooh Enfys I love this card! I just recently received this cart at a Swarm I went to and have not used it yet. I am anxious to use it now!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing your story about the WalMart Bag. I have found a new bog to follow. I will be scraplifting the card re: the tea (only I will be subbing "coffee". Thanks for the ideas. Judi

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x