Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Wednesday 8 September 2010

WOYWW - My Promarker Storage Solution

Time for another 'What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday' - if you haven't checked it out before, be sure to hop over there, it really is great to nosey around other peoples work spaces without the danger of being arrested for loitering....... and check out Julia's blog at the same time, she is so funny and talented too.
I have spent the best part of two days getting my Promarker storage sorted out, I really needed a compact way of transporting them to the US when I fly back next week. I got the idea HERE - thanks so much Nicky.
So I set off in search of the CD box, I tried Curry's first. I was browsing the storage and a salesman came up to me. He watched as I opened boxes and peered inside, 'none of them are big enough' I said
'You have a big music collection then' he said, obviously impressed.
Well, no actually, a couple of Neil Diamond, some Billy Joel and a smattering of Michael Buble - if you are laughing, that means you are the same age as my kids!
So on to computer world where I found this little beauty
A professional DJ's CD case - I got respectful looks, and a few disbelieving ones too as I marched proudly out with my find..........

I printed out the excellent blank chart from the Passion for Promarkers blog - thanks girls,
and stuck that to the lid. The placement of the pens is in the exact order shown on the chart, you can get 7 markers in each sling file, and it would probably hold 9 slings on each side, but they would be a tight fit, so I stuck with 8.


I needed to identify the colours from the top, so I bought some 4mm sticky circles from Staples, coloured them with the appropriate ink and stuck them on. I had a feeling they would peel off, so I covered them with glossy accents, which acts as both a glue and a varnish......

My chart has a complicated sort of filing system, known only to me, basically the CD sleeves had numbers on them that I didn't notice until I was half way through, so some of the pinks are in sleeve 14 and so on................ The crossed out ones are the ones I use most often, for skin, hair and so on, I have ordered one of Letraset's wallets to take these. The greys are going to live in two of the little rubber thingies that Letraset sent me. I am lucky enough to have the complete set of Promarkers, so I am really pleased with my new storage. Edited to say I have had a couple of emails about storing the pens vertically, here is what Letraset have to say on the subject:

Regarding storage, Promarkers can be stored both vertically or horizontally. The ink molecules are so fine that ink is evenly distributed throughout the marker even when stored vertically


Well, I started, so I better carry on with the cruise saga. So on we sailed to the highlight of the cruise - Rio de Janeiro. We had booked to go on an excursion to visit the statue of Christ the Redeemer overlooking the city, and Copacobana and Ipanema beaches. The trouble was the oh-so-efficient cruise staff had forgotten to book coaches for the excursions. So we all milled aimlessly around the ship for an hour or so, then piled onto the coaches. You take a little railway up the mountain, unfortunately the oh-so-efficient cruise staff had forgotten that as well, and we didn't have tickets, so we had to hang around the foot of the mountain for almost two hours, by which time, it had started to rain. We eventually got to the top, to find the 30 metre tall statue shrouded in mist, honestly, you couldn't see it, I stubbed my toe on the base of the thing, peering through the fog. Of course the legendary views of Rio were non-existent as well. At one stage, the mists lifted momentarily, and there were joyful cries of 'ho, ha, ah' (think Japanese accents for those), and the clicking of a thousand cameras, until the mists shrouded us once more. We queued miserably for another hour for the railway to take us back down, and onto the coach, which drove at a hurtling pace past the beaches - oh, so that was Copacabana.......zip, blink and you missed it
to be continued...................


43 comments:

  1. Very efficient storage you've created - I'm very impressed! As for the cruise I'm not surprised you weren't impressed - what a load of numpties those staff were.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! I love that idea. I have the 56 new colours but I am still waiting for the original 96 markers to be delivered and I haven't decided how to store them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That pen storage is really impressive.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have confirmed DH's opinion of cruises-so if there's ever the off chance------. That storage is mind boggling and so is the pen collection.Hugs BettyXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is uber impressive organisation there
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ya Enfys
    wow hun what a fabulous idea for storing the pens in, oh i luv your cruise stories hun, you ever thought of putting it down on papers would make a brill funny book,look forward to the next installment,happy WOYWW, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW this a awesome!!! You are very organized!

    ReplyDelete
  8. now I have promarker envy!!! had a packet in my hand yesterday and was will I wont I, in my head, but you have just made my mind up, great great storage idea, hugs mandyxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous storage system En! Its really great, I hope they let it on the plane!!

    Hard to believe its that time of year again that sees you flying over the lake to the sunshine state! Wishing you a very safe and uneventful journey! Unlike that cruise!!

    I cant wait to hear whats been happening in Dunkin' Donuts and the coffee shops!!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice storage, so organized. Am enjoying your cruise story - that is the reason I don't care for tours, this messing up really gets to me on my time and money. TFS and will await the next saga.

    Donna C.
    goCricutgo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely a great storage idea especially whilst travelling. As for your cruise I think those staff needed sacking or toe up something to get them in order, I am not surprised you never wanted to go back!!
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great storage! I think I would have asked for my money back! You didn't get to see what you paid for!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh wowww This is so brillant Enfys.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enfys, love the promarker storage (even though I don't own any) and the cute little Mr. Fix It bear. Adorable! I have tears in my eyes reading about your horrible cruise. It sounds just aweful!!! It's like a train wreck - I have to keep reading....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, I guess you should check on the cruise staff's ability to pull things together. New person on the job- you think? Well at least you got home safly! I love the storeage! What a great idea. I have my copics etc in an old Oreo Cookies Christmas tin. No handles and I have to root through them to find what I want! I've decided to try my water color pencils for a spell. I hope I enjoy that technique better! It's certainly cheaper! lol
    Best of luck on your flight back! Travel Safely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab storage solution for your pens. Happy WOYWW Day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great storage Enfys - I do like organization in my Crafting haven and I like the colour dots on the ends.....may be borrowing that idea! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What fantastic storage, En. You are very effecient. I'm very impresssed!!!! It beats my rummaging through a box!
    The cruise sounds a nightmare, what a shame you missed the views.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful storage idea! I was laughing when you said who you have CDs of, not because I am the age of your kids, but because it sounds like my collection. Johnny Mathis, Frank Sinatra, Josh Groban and I do maintian that Johnny Mathis is the greatest singer of all times!!!
    I think you need to watch CSI Miami and catch the old episode where Haratio and Eric are in Brazil, then you can see that statue and the views clearly. It's the only way I'm ever gonna see it. LOL! Am looking forward to the next installment in the cruise story!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing storage, hope they've got their passport ready for the flight!!

    A.xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. That storage is brilliant - I do love cases with handles, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh great organisation,hun gosh so impressive love cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well as the very proud owner of your gift of 12 Promarkers and 12 Aqua Markers I never knew there were so many more of them. I'm going to start saving my money to buy some more. Nice to know how to store them. What a funny cruise story. Needless to say you probably aren't traveling on that line again. I can't believe it's almost time for you to come to the states again.
    Hugs,
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow and yet again wow! for those Promarkers. Thanks for the info that they can be stored upright. Thanks too for the laugh, but what a shame about the trip!
    JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am totally impressed with your storage system! I wish I had enough Pro Markers to need to organize them, but I'm working on it. I love the story too, it is amazing that the cruise folks could be lacking any kind of organization, I'm sure you could teach them a thing or 10thousand, lol. Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  26. Although I don't own a single writing pen, I really enjoyed learning about the Promarkers, your storage, and how they can be stored upright. Interesting!

    As for your cruise, I have always said when I take a vacation, I do it on my terms. I hate it when you are at the mercy of someone else's timetable. Sorry to hear it was not as much fun as you would have wanted. I hope you let those in charge know about your displeasure with the event. Happy belated WOYWW.

    ReplyDelete
  27. thanks for the promarker tip, I am a bit late this week, fab workspace, Happy WOYWW, Thank you for showing us your workspace.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks very organised to me.. unlike the cruise line...which one was it?
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello Enfys, great idea for your promarkers my, my, you certainly have a few:)
    That was the cruise from Hell can't imagine you ever want to go on one again, good job you can laugh about it! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Now that's a serious piece of storage!! Very impressive stuff

    Thanks for the nosey!

    Ciara
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Glad you liked the idea for the storage - Love your blog - Nicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wonderful storage, very efficient but how are you getting it on the plane? It must be quite heavy, will it be hand luggage? It's odd because I was just thinking when you might be coming back over to this side of the pond too! Loved the story about the cruise, my god, they should have paid you to get on that ship!!!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  33. Nice pen set and storage is fantastic for it

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yeah Enfys, I knew the day would come - even the storage has turned into a hobby - my word you've invested some time in them pens. Looks fab by the way. Am so sorry about your Rio excursion, and sorry too that I laughed all the way throughyour description. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow, that's a lot of markers.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I was so impressed by this that I went to have a look for one of these cases - they have now been discontinued...boohoo - so unfair.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oops, meant to say Tesco did a CD case like this on-line that has been discontinued...haven't had a chance to get to PC World yet.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great Storage. I have all the promarker and a lot of Flex markers. Do you have any Flex and if, how do you storage them ?? Hope you understand me and my englisch, i am from denmark :-)
    Hej fra heidi

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x