Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Tuesday 7 September 2010

Mr Fixit.................

I needed to make a couple of male cards and found this little acrylic stamp set by Papermania UK hanging around. Papers are by Martha Stewart, the screw brads are from Oriental Trading in the USA. I put glossy accents on the paint cans so they are nice and shiny


Promarkers used
sandstone, tan and caramel
powder blue and denim blue
lime zest, poppy and grass
Ice grey 1 to shadow
Back to Brazil..............where was I? Ah yes, trying to get on board the dratted ship. I will gloss over the fact that when we set sail, our cabin sprang a leak, there was a lot of water coming in over the bed, not a great thing to happen when you are on an ocean. They couldn't move us until the morning, so we spend the first night, cold, damp and thinking Titanic type thoughts.
So we arrived in San Salvadore..........if you haven't been there, don't bother. The buses were rather amusing, I have never seen so many people hanging onto a bus, they clung like limpets onto windows, doors, and there were even some sitting on the roof. Apart from that, the most striking thing about the city was the number of dead dogs - they were everywhere. Honestly, everywhere you looked there was a poor deceased mutt lying in the gutter. We must have seen about 20 altogether. Not a great tourist attraction really. I have no idea if they were dead because some disease was striking them all down, or if they had just got fed up of living in San Salvadore and laid down to die. I have to say, that if I lived there I would probably have joined them............................... I do hope nobody from the San Salvadore tourist board is reading this!
to be continued.....

18 comments:

  1. Oh Enfys, you really made me laugh, I'll remember now, Never got to San Salvador! Rotten staff not moving you from that wet room, how unpleasant, still laughing:D
    How cute is your card? very!!
    Still laughing!
    Have a lovely evening:D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply adorable. Those brads are just perfect for this card and the image is super cute.

    Oh my, I'm afraid I would have gotten back on the boat after seeing the first poor dead puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Enfys, how cute with his little paint bucket and in overalls even!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! That is just too funny! You certainly made my day. Love the little bear cad, those brads are perfect for it too. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Enfys,I love the image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Goodness! Your cruise story is KILLING me! It sounds like the kind of vacations I've taken! (-:
    The card is almost an afterthought, which is too bad, because it's SO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh en i do so love your posts hunny!! the card is gorgeous and the story made me giggle!!!!! hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card! I've never been anywhere near Brazil and I'm thinking it isn't a place I really need to see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enfys, I love your Mr. Fix-it guy, such a cute card. Your trip sounds like a night mare. Can't wait to hear more. Shari (cricutrookie)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just loooove this card! What a funny story! Not the leaking part but the rest is! I got my package today. Thank you so much for the win and the package! I haven't put it in my computer yet but will. Again, thank you so much!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a perfect man card. Love the coloring and the shiny paint cans. Oh my gosh, I can't imagine staying in a damp cabin all night. I sure hope they compensated you in other ways on the cruise.
    Hugs,
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable card. Love the brads on the card (I would like to get some of them)...and just love the cruise story (aside form the dead dogs). Can't wait to hear the rest.

    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll remember, never go to San Salvador! Not that that's terribly likely anyway. Have to say that you're making me laugh, even though I doubt it was funny at the time! Card is great, masculine is always tough.
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful, dear Enfys, it's makes me laughing.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this image and the card. Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't stop laughing! I am happy to know I don't have to go to San Salvador. Thanks for the important info. Those poor dogs. I am so happy you didn't join them.
    Oh yes this is a lovely card.
    Now my side hurts from laughing.
    Oh no here comes the tears.....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the card, the image is great and those papers are very versatile. I can't even begin to imagine where your cruise story is going lol.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Actually, someone from the board should read your post. Then maybe things would change. You are a wonderful storyteller.
    Love the bear and his paint buckets.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x