Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Thursday 23 September 2010

Doily Card - Cindy Loo

Here's one of two doily cards I made for Scrappy-go-Lucky today, head over there to see my 'to a deer friend' doily card
This one uses the little bird on a branch doily, and the circle border is from the same cartridge. The doily was cut at 3 1/2", and the border at 1 1/2"
Background paper by Making Memories, sentiment circle by Craftwork Cards - huge congrats to Sue, the owner and designer for Craftwork Cards who has just won a businesswoman of the year award. Congrats Sue, it will be a visit to Buckingham Palace next.............

Well, we are back from our trip, we stayed around beautiful St Augustine, after deciding that the drive up to Savannah would be a bit of a jaunt. We only got lost three times, and I discovered two new things:
1. My sister cannot understand American accents at all. I don't know what it is with her, but she keeps making the most inappropriate replies to questions. So a server in a restaurant, seeing her plate sitting there empty says 'All done?' 'No thank you' she replies, smiling sweetly at him. 'Okay' he mutters, walking away shaking his head slightly. Turns out she thought he was asking her if she wanted more. This went on over and over again, I had to act as translator everywhere we went, although of course we did giggle about it!
2. I have discovered that I would make a hopeless tour guide. We bought tickets for one of these trolley bus things that you hop on and off, to see the sights. One guide kept imploring us to be careful not to hang any of our body parts out of the trolleybus! I quickly realised that I would have no patience whatsoever with Hank and Doris, who dithered around 'shall we get off here honey' dangling a body part or two off the side of the bus so that the driver couldn't move on. I would have yelled 'get your body parts off my flippin bus'
I would also get very very very bored of telling everyone the same old stories over and over again, dozens of time a day. I would be fired very quickly, for trying to rewrite history. I just know that I would not be able to resist adding some colourful anecdotes, salacious details, and scandalous gossip - none of them true of course, but it could make the day quite enjoyable for everyone - maybe even Hank and Doris would have folded their body parts back in to hear more.
See you tomorrow

19 comments:

  1. What a cute doily card! I think the story about your sister is so cute!!! But, I am sorry you got so tired of having to translate, athough it's a great story to tell!

    Glad you had a safe trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are wonderful!!!
    I have got to cut some of those doilies. Love your story! There are times I can't understand some of us Americans either!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the fun cards and stories...spreading a little blog love!
    Blog Award

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely black and white card with those little red accents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done! Love the paper you used. Glad you and your sister had a great time together too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card that doily cut is really lovely. I am so glad you managed to find your way back home I was beginning to wonder when you would return lol.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic, I like it, how you made your cards.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been waiting anxiously to hear
    of your travel stories. It is a long drive from St Augustine to Savannah. I've never taken a trolley tour while visiting ST Augustine. We're afraid our son Harrison will just jump off at some random stop. I can just picture you coming up with some very entertaing stories while riding on the trolley bus. Thanks for the laugh today!
    Hugs,
    Maryellen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card. I feel for your sister. I remember when I made my first English friend. We were always laughing at my silly mistakes! It's a good thing Marlene didn't mind teaching. And my Scottish friend! Well you can imagine! But I do love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cards. I was a tour guide once and would have loved to embellish my script! Naughty naughty!!
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute card! Love the black and white. Your travels with your sister sound fun. Who cares if you get lost when you're having fun, right? I feel for your sister. I was at Home Depot yesterday and the gal had an Irish accent. I kept having to ask her to repeat herself. Argh! How embarassing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Enfys, glad to hear you enjoyed your trip and you are back safely. Ive also got that cartridge and its brilliant it makes fabulous doilies and your card is gorgeous, simple but stunning. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another beautiful creation Enfys. I do adore your stories. How fun your trip must have been, even if you did have to do a lot of translating! *wink*

    BTW ... I think I know Hank and Doris ... or at least a very similar couple, I try to stay away from them LOLOLOL! That crazy ole pair never could follow directions!

    Have a great week-end!

    Hugz,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous doily card, I love the little bird! When you decide to commandeer that trolley let me know, I'd love to go for a ride and hear your awesome anecdotes, fiction or fact! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Enfys,
    Such a cute card.
    I promise if you never made another card, I would still come to your blog just for your stories.
    I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the card as well as the other one at SGL! Very nice!
    As for the accent problem, there are people here in the US that can't understand different US accents. One time I visited my family in Utah, where they have a heavy western accent, of course I have none. LOL! I went to the grocery store with my Aunt and she introduced me to the check out girl. I spoke with her and went outside. When my Aunt came out laughing I asked what was so funny. She said when I left the girl said "What did she say? I couldn't understand a word!" I don't get it since I don't have an accent at all!

    ReplyDelete
  17. EN,

    I JUST LOVE THIS DOILY CARD. IT IS JUST BEAUTIFUL. YOU JUST AMAZE ME WITH YOUR CARDS. THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO MAKE YOUR CARDS AND ALL YOUR FUNNY STORIES.

    CHERYL K.
    USA

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh this is gorgeous en, i love the b&w and the little bird is so sweet, hugs Lou xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. great post thanks

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x