Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 18 December 2009

We're HOME!

Here we are, back in the UK, it was strange to fly over and see all the little patchwork fields, all covered with a sprinkling of snow, and boy, did it feel cold. 'You'll get used to it' said our taxi driver cheerfully (he was from Kashmir). The saga of the suitcases ends here, they didn't even weigh them, I was tempted to push my luck and say 'hang on a minute can I just stuff some more things from my terribly overweight handluggage in there', but decided it would be best just to walk away quickly before they looked at the scales. So now we have piles of stuff decanted all over the kitchen floor, a man has been with a wheely thing to try and find out where we have a water leak, if it's outside the gates they pay, if not, well, I'd better clear the kitchen floor quick, because that may have to be dug up (I fancy wood flooring, so I am hoping........)
Anyway, enough of the mindless babble of a seriously jet lagged person, on to today's card, which is for this week's Polkadoodle challenge, we had to use the brand new and very fabulous Nature CD, which turned up in Florida just in time for me to make this.
I cut the card with Wildcard at 6", added a spotty back printed from the CD, then just popped on some trees and that oh-so-cute owl.
The lettering is my favourite making memories tiny alphas - I have bought a good supply back with me, so you will see a lot more of them............... I know there should probably be an apostrophe in the WHOO's word, but as it's just a punny made up word, decided it didn't matter

and just to show you how the card looks when opened. Why not join in this week, a prize for the winner, which would be a nice extra pressie to go under your tree, and then the polkadoodlies take a break until January, which suits me, it will take me that long to sort my stuff out



28 comments:

  1. Welcome back Enfys. Hope the water leak doesn't cause too much hassle. Love the card, and that owl is too cute.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowww Enfys,what a beautiful card,i love your image and colours.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home Enfys.
    You must be the only person I know who's want her floor dug up just before Christmas lol The lengths some people will go to for a new floor!!!
    Happy Christmas
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a safe trip En, but what a PITA to come home to. Hoping for a favorable outcome for you. ADORABLE card! LOVE the colors and design! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo!! ;-) fabulous card Enfys :-) The owls and the papers are fab ! ;-)

    Hope you don't have to dig up the kitchen floor before Christmas !! :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are home safely. We missed you yesterday. Have a wonderful holiday. Norma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome home En. You could have brought the warm sunshine with you although the snow is lovely and seasonal, just a week early!!
    I love your owl card, it's beautiful and the colours are so springlike. Perfect.
    Enjoy your weekend and keep warm.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet, lovely card!!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, that's sooo cute, Enfys.
    Great compliment.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Enfys what a wonderful card, I love the design and the papers and details are gorgeous. Well done and welcome back with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you made it home ok! LOVE your card!! The papers are so cute and those trees and owl are adorable!! Awesome stuff, En!! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Owl card hun, so cute! Welcome home, hope you get the water sorted without too much mess, glad you got back safely. Hugs, Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooooh what a lovely card en, love the little owl and the letters and it looks dreamy opened up!! we have just started to get our snow!! yey!!!xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Enfys,

    So glad you had a safe trip home. I just adore your sweet little card, it is too cute. Sorry to hear about your problems upon arrival, but I wish the best for you. Have a Happy Holiday my friend!

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the cute card. Glad you made it safely. Hope the water leak results in new wood floors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh a wonderful card En, so nice to have you back, I do hope you have your wish granted for a wooden floor but not to get in the way of your Christmas too much!!
    lots of love Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enfys,

    Cute hard, love the owl.

    ReplyDelete
  18. welcome home hun,so great to see your wonderful cards again really love this so bright and cheery love cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad to hear that you made it back across the pond safe and sound. Amazing with the luggage! As for the kitchen floor, I wish you what ever you want!
    That owl is sweet.
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad you made it back home safely Enfys. I am with you on the wood floors. I would love to have wood floors. The card is just adorable. How are those grand kids? Have a Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a darling card! I like the owl and punny saying. :)

    So glad you had a safe trip. Enjoy your reunion with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad to hear you made it home safely!!! Thank you for the cute card post! I love that owl, he is so adorable!

    I wish you and your family a very Happy Christmas Enfys!

    Lisa Sturgill

    PS...Hope you get your new flooring! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG! I hope you don't need your floor dug up! Even if you want new flooring. I can't imagine it all dug up over the holidays! Well I'm glad you arrived safely. What a cute card. How did you manage that with all your packing! You're a whiz! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  24. home sweet home.Your card is so beautiful like the colours you used.
    bye bye,Lean.

    ReplyDelete
  25. glad you're back safely- fab card
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'll bet you are glad to be back home, what a shame you had to come back to a leak! What a hassle, although if you wanted wood flooring, it's not all bad! Love this cute little card. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x