Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Wednesday 9 December 2009

Sepia for Daring Cardmakers and another Katies Kisses card

Here's another card made with one of the brand new stamp range called Katies Kisses. I thought this would make a good teen card, hence the sentiment. Lettering and papers by making memories. Flowers by prima. A bit of doodling with a momento fine tip pen, colouring copics. The red panel is embossed with swiss dots, which doesn't show in the photo.


On Daring Cardmakers this week, the dare is 'Say it in Sepia', Lynda asked for a thank you card. This isn't my thing at all, but of course I had to have a go - I can never resist a dare, go over and see the design teams samples though, they are fabulous. This card looks much, much prettier in real life, it's quite sparkly which doesn't show up in the photo.

I inked a cuttlebug script panel with bronze cats eye ink, the stamp was stamped in versamark chocolate, then I swiped the whole panel with stampin up's heat and stick powder and heated until sticky, then I dumped iridescent ice embossing powder over the top and heated again.

You can't really see the effect, but it's a very subtle and evenly glittered panel. The chocolate swirls are chipboard pieces by making memories, and the sentiment is hero arts
It has suddenly dawned on me that we have only just over a week before we fly back home, so today saw me packing the mountain of christmas gifts I have bought, I needed to see if they would all fit into four large suitcases. The simple answer is no, they don't. I had an anguished hour of worrying about it, then the laid-back part of me kicked in, I won't worry about it until we are at the airport. The cases will go on their pre-flight jaunt up to the local supermarket, to be ceremoniously weighed, usually with a crowd of bemused US citizens watching, laughing and offering advice. When my friend Anne left here in October, she had been on a buying frenzy, and in her last few days in the USA, she bought a concrete head - don't ask, it's an artistic thing - not only did she sail through check-in with cases weighing about 20 lbs above the allowance and a concrete head in her hand baggage, she was upgraded! Somehow I feel, no, I KNOW, that this would not happen to me. If I tried to import a concrete head, it would probably fall on the check-in guy's foot and I would be lucky to get a seat out on the wing.

15 comments:

  1. gorgeous card En and how cool is that sweetie...love the black and red....and love your DCM sepia card....gorgeous and glittery...big hugs kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i adore this card makes me think of mixed media art and has a bit of a vintage feel too. very beautiful and very different. stands out from the crowd and in my book that is always a good thing TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. that Sepia card is truly beautiful En, I love the totally glittered image. Thanks for Daring this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both cards. Those Katie's Kisses images are really cute. Great papers on that one. Beautiful job on all that embossing on the second one. Thank you for the chuckle this morning. I do enjoy your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards, as always. I love the glitter on the chocolate swirls, yum yum! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your cards are a dream.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do make me laugh En, I'm sitting here with tears rolling down my face at the image of chaos at the airport with a concrete head flying through the air!!! Some people just get away with anything looking calm and collected and then folks like us get strip searched 'cos we've got that sort of a face!!!!!
    I love both your cards. The sepia one is just beautiful with the trees and that cuttlebugged background.
    Happy packing.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Enfys your sepia card is gorgeous - I'm sorry you found it tricky but you rose to the challenge and won! Thanks for joining in with my first Dare.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful cards Enfys,i love your images and colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    HUgs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Enfys two fabulous cards I love them both, the are gorgeous. Well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enfys, Love both of these but think yur thank you card is just tops! Great embossing and just all around FAB card. Have a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both of these cards...the 1st one is so sweet, it reminds me of my "hippie" days. The 2nd one is gorgeous. Love the embossing and the touches of glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These cards are both fab, En. Oh how I chuckled over your suitcase story and your friend's concrete head....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab stuff En, love all the sparkle on the sepia card. :)x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the scarf! Great cards (as always)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x