Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Monday 7 December 2009

BBTB and the Cutting Cafe

It was my turn to choose the challenge over on BBTB this week, and I chose the ribbon frame from the Joys of the Season cartridge, you should just see what the design team have done with this cut, pop over and take a look. I decided on blues and white, and cut an ornament to hang in the frame

added quite a bit of bling to bring it to life.

Over at the Cutting Cafe, Regina has this adorable little owl in a sentiment circle on sale for only 99 cents. Who could resist him? I know I couldn't. I printed it out twice, once onto white card, then again onto the spotty paper, and cut out the outer circle and hat from that. The background is a sissix embossing folder, and the snowflakes are cut with a martha punch

My birthday is turning into a month long fest this year, here are some more cards that I received last week, first from Cheryl, my crafting buddy here in Florida, what a gorgeous card..............



second, from Bev, another of my crafting buddies, I love the way she made the flower out of scalloped circles..............



and last, but definitely not least, from Joan, my pal from Port St Lucie in Florida, who has been quite poorly this month, but the first thing she did when she was well enough was head to her craftroom to make me this card, don't you just love that crunchy lace..............



Thank you all so much xxx
Whilst I am on the subject of friends, I have to make a very sad little post here, longtime readers of this blog may recall that back in the beginning of last year, I met up with a online crafting friend, Eileen, in London. We met on the cricut message board, and she lived just around the corner from my son, so were able to meet for lunch, a very long chat, and lots of laughs. Since then we have emailed each other regularly, and were planning to meet up again in January. You can see the apron card that she made me for my birthday in a post I made last week. I was shocked and deeply saddened to receive an email from her daughter at the weekend telling me that Eileen had passed away suddenly and unexpectedly on friday. She was a very talented crafter, devoted to her family, an encouraging friend, and a lovely, lovely person.
My deepest sympathies go to Karen and the family
I will miss her







17 comments:

  1. What a beautiful cards Enfys,i love your images and colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness En you have been a busy one, I love the framed ornament, just glorious. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job on the BBTB challenge, En! Love the colors and the bling on the ornament! And look at those birthday wishes still flowing in... wow! So, so sorry to hear about your friend, Eileen. I remember when you posted your lunch date with her. Seemed like you two were old friends and never would have guessed you just met.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Enfys, you must've got quite a shock with such terrible news. (hugs)

    Great cards, love the BBTB challenge one, I may just scraplift it lol
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! I love the blue and all of bling. Thanks for letting us know about the sale on the cute little owl image - a must have I think. I love what you've done with it - tfs about how you printed it twice and then used parts from the print paper - I've never tried this.
    Wonderful you are still getting to stretch out your birthday celebration with more cards! :)
    So sorry to hear about your friend, Eileen. What a shock and so sad. You and her family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every one is lovely, but the owl is my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful creations En and I'm so sorry to hear of your dear friend. Gentle hugs for you hunny
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card you made and lots of lovely cards you recived.
    bye bye,Lean.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful cards enfys! i am so sad to hear the news about eileen. she was my card sister in a swap most of last year and part of this year. she was so talented and so very sweet. i hadn't corresponded with her in several months and that makes me even more sad. she will be so missed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful cards enfys! i am so sad to hear the news about eileen. she was my card sister in a swap most of last year and part of this year. she was so talented and so very sweet. i hadn't corresponded with her in several months and that makes me even more sad. she will be so missed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. well everyone loves ya girl....i just wanted to tell you that you did an amazing job with your challenge this week.....the perfect cut girl...thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  12. En, I am very sorry and sad to hear you have lost a great friend in Eileen. As for your card it is brilliant. Take care. Your blog friend from Bradenton.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Enfys, what an adorable ornament. I love all the bling.
    And I remember you talking about Eileen. I thought it was Eileen from "dropped stitches". But I don't think it was. I am so sorry to hear of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cards are beautiful - as always. Your birthday cards I liked also very good.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  15. What wonderful looking cards ... all of them. Your framed ornament card is stunning. Your creations are always inspiring. Now I'm heading over to BBTB to see what all those other talented ladies have made. =)
    Hugz,
    ♥Carol♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I'm so sorry Enfys. My prayers for you and for Eileen's family. It's a bad time of the year to lose someone you love. I've finally been able to start my "Friends" word book about my dearest friend Rhonda. It's taken me over a year to even be able to think about it. But pulling out the photos that I want to use has helped some. Take care of yourself as you grieve. Jess

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x