Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Tuesday 1 December 2009

Another Month - Two More Challenges......

Time for another Funky Hand challenge, set this time by Kath, who is a bit of a Christmas-a-holic, so of course she had to set this month's task, which is to make a decoration of some sort, do go over and take a look, the team have really pulled all the stops out on this one.
I found this JOY wooden word in the dollar bin at Target, it is covered in bright silver glitter, but I soon put a stop to that and covered the front with papers printed off from the Blue Christmas download

the snowmen were cut from the Snow Friends cricut cartridge, I gave them rosy cheeks, although a snowman shouldn't really be rosy, but it made them look cute
so get your thinking caps on, there is a £20 (about $30) funky Hand gift voucher up for grabs for the entrant that catches Kath's eye. You have until the end of the month to enter, and the only rule is that you use one Funky Hand paper in your design
The first of the month is also the start of the next Lily-Boo challenge, this month it's all about paper piecing. I printed out the image twice, once onto a pattern paper, and cut the tree out of that. It's really a summery digi stamp, but I fancied trying to make it look Christmassy, I think it worked? What do you think?
The base card is a pre-embossed one from DCWV - I was in a hurry as usual, and this saved time.

Again, you have a whole month to enter, it can be any sort of card, just paper piece something on the image. Quite a few new cardmakers come and visit, so a quick explanation about paper piecing, you stamp a base image, then stamp the same image again onto pattern paper, and cut out the bit you want - maybe a child's dress, a flower, you get the picture. Then stick the cut out piece onto your base image. This is a favourite technique of mine, and it cuts down on colouring too!


See you all tomorrow, I am off to clear up after the hurricane that swept through the garage, one of these days I'll take a photo of the mess I make, until you see it, you wouldn't believe it




36 comments:

  1. What an awesome card, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are wonderful, Enfys!!! Your well of creativity just keeps flowing and flowing. You're amazing!
    Thanks for being such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your works are once again fascinating.
    I am very excited.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really Nice and christmasy you've done a beautiful job
    Hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both these hun, both gorgeous, but I cannot begin to tell you how much your snowmen made me smile! Thank you so much. Hugs, Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so cute and I love those little snowmen dudes with their rosy cheeks....big hugs kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi enfys,

    These are both gorgeous, great ideas.

    hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Enfys,
    Gorgeous Job, those letters and snowmen look fab

    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wonderful creations and especially love the JOY now I need those snowmen.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enfys, your little snow guys are too adorable!!! I really need this cart, I love the snowmen, they are so much fun, and I can think of so many cards and other projects to use them for. They remind me of the faces on the Winter Woodlands snowman faces.

    Love your project and cards!!! So much inspiration! Thank you!!

    Cheers!

    Lisa Sturgill
    LisaRN499@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enfys that is just adorable!!!! Why don't we ever find bargains like that here in the £ shops eh?
    Love your card too, the tree is just fab!
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can image the mess you leave I know I always manage to do the same, my poor hubby often clears up after me. I absolutely love your snowmen they are really cute and the paper piecing is stunning. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That little JOY sign is adorable. I love the snow friends cartridge! If it actually snowed here in Mississippi I'd probably get it. LOL Thanks for sharing!

    Heather K.
    southernart77@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your JOY sign is absolutely stunning - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! Those little snowmen are adorable. Love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. -Very cute! I love them both. Funny how we pick up something because we love it, and then set about changing it! lol I love the Joy decoration! You've done it again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your cards great work again.
    bye bye,Lean.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute idea with the snowmen, and I love their rosy cheeks. And I love your tree with the red bow tied around it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. they are both wonderful En
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful cards Enfys,i love the image and colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your snow people. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the JOY word and the card is very beautiful with nice details.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh En how cute is your Joy decoration! Love it! I just received my 3 Christmas mini carts can't wait to play with them after seeing your gorgeous snowmen!
    Love your Lily-boo card you are so clever turning this image into a Christmas card it worked really well!
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW you have so many wonderful ideas Envys, I can not believe that I have only just discovered your blog.
    Definately be a regular visitor from now on.
    I love the idea of giving the snowmen rosy cheeks LOL.
    Might have to search those little men out now!!!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic En, love the rosy cheeks on the snowmen, great touch. :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awwww...love the snowmen, they are SO cute! You did a great job with them! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  26. @ wonderful creations En but I must say I adore the snowman one ;0)
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very cute En! so sorry i missed your Birthday....i really am hopeless, i forget half of my owm family too...they always get late ones!! not good when you're a cardmaker eh?

    Keep safe :)

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cute, lovely, nice, beautiful.... I could go :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. En both cards are great but my fav is the JOY card, just adorable. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are gorgeous Enfys....TFSHave a fab evening:0x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fabulous!! Love the FH decoration!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Enfys - I love both the JOY decoration and the card. I would have never thought of remaking the JOY and you've done such a wonderful job - will have to add it to my list of ideas for next year - way too behind already this year. The card is awsome - the image looks totally Christmas and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love those snowmen. I'm hoping to get this cart for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x