Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Wednesday 1 July 2009

Stylish Lady Birthday Card

I took a very bad photo here, the large scallop circle is actually on a cream linen square card base. This photo makes it look as if the card is circular.


This is a really old stampin up image, but has always been a favourite of mine. She was coloured with a couple of dabs of chalk. All the papers and cardstock on this card are from Craftwork Cards, the sentiment button was white, but I swiped it with a cream ink pad to make it match. The brown gingham ribbon was a gift from a friend who knows my addiction to gingham.
Don't forget to watch Nikky from Polkadoodles on her very first TV debut today, 12 noon on Ideal World TV here in the UK. She promises there will be loads of ideas on projects using the Sugar Birdies CD. Good luck Nikky.
Another scorcher here today, we are so unused to hot sunshine in the UK, and as a race we don't deal well with it. We are in constant moaning mode about the rain/wind/cloud so that when the sun shines we stay in that role - 'It's so hot' you hear people whine as they wilt around, usually doing a zebra impression with angry red stripes of sunburn on pale skin. As a general rule, British women do hot weather with some style, the men, bless them, haven't a clue. You feel an irresistible urge to go to them and say gently 'shorts with white hairy legs teamed with dark socks and scruffy trainers, not a good look', but of course you don't...............


26 comments:

  1. gorgeous card En, love it the colour scheme is fab

    lotsalove

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this image, goes well with the colours you've used.

    I've sent you an email as well.

    Denyze
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable Enfys... Hoping if cools off soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card total elegance Enfys. Could you please tell us which cards you actually used from Craftworkcards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card En!! I love that image! It's hot in my neck of the woods too. It's been 98 degrees, but with our humidity, it feels like 105! Fall can't get here soon enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card. The colors are some of my faves and the image is gorgeous.

    Wouldn't you just love to have a whistle to call the fashion police? It could be worse, there's always the lovely white socks and sandals ensemble.
    hugs, eileen

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stylish card, En! Love the image and your colors! I think we're finally cooling off a bit here. 109 degrees about put me over the edge. Probably only in the 90's today. It's gonna be hard to get that image of the shorts with white legs and dark socks out of my mind but I have to try. LOL Keep cool! Hugs, D

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooohhh! this card is soooo pretty! that is one of my fave color combos and i just love everything about it! gorgeous! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOWis all I can say stunning card sweetie and fab colour scheme
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous! what a great card. I Love it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, I love those colors and the layers. I do love your funny little stories that you share with your post as well., You're always good for a chuckle!

    Hugs,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very stylish En, love the colours you've used. I love the piccy of you and Milo too, he looks adorable and you look very proud.
    Max x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous creation!! WOW!! Love the chocolate paired with the mint color!! So pretty!! ;) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful card Enfys. I love your image, classy!!
    It has been sooo hot hasn't it. I love the sun, but the heat is best when you can lie by the side of a pool, not have to cook and clean and shop!!!!

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Not a good look"~ HA!
    Another pretty card... and I LOVED the fabric Fairy ones you did a few days ago. Great cutting and bling!
    Your new piccies of the Grandbabes are too sweet : )
    I don't comment often enough~CONGRATS to the lucky Giveaway winner!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a lovely stamp En - very classy indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hehehehe! Too much flesh on show is also a good one!

    Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. very elegant love the colors
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really cute. Love your color combo....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Enfys, as usual I love your card. You are so talented!
    I used to live in the great frozen north of New England. The guys there rarely get sun on their legs too! Poor things, so I've seen my share of those hairy legs and dark socks!lol
    Thanks for sharing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes I did watch Nickie, she did so well and I ordered her cd from her own website as its a hell of lot cheaper on the p&p. Anyway I love your card its so classy. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this card, and love this image.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great card; I have this set and haven't used it in ages. I love what you've done with it; the colors are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x