Friday, 15 September 2017

Snowflakes for Daring Cardmakers and Spellbloggers

Today over on Daring Cardmakers, Dawn sets the challenge. She is celebrating her 40th birthday this month (happy birthday Dawn!) and wants to see four elements on the project.

I decided to use the Create a Flake Six die set by Spellbinders for my card. I cut four snowflakes out of Vellum, and cut one out of card, which I used as a stencil to make a background 


To tell you the truth, it went against the grain for me to use four snowflakes, I always have a design rule to use an odd number of elements on a card, it always looks better. But I think this snowflake card worked because of the stencilled background to balance it


As you read this, we are now two days away from Alex's wedding, things are hotting up!  Tomorrow evening we have a get together here for about 70 people, an informal pig roast. Then the wedding on Sunday. Be prepared for photos next week, and wish us luck and sunshine for Sunday

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful.
    Hope you all have a fun wedding x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing the photos, I hope the weather will be perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Love the die cut snowflakes over the lovely stencilled background! Enjoy the wedding and I look forward to seeing the photos! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh simple and absolutely gorgeous card Enfyn l just love the background and your snowflakes l like odd numbers but even on your card is amazing hope you enjoy the wedding sending lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Usually I also use odd numbers ... but your snow flake card is great and the design looks balanced!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this card, I know there is a lot going on here, but somehow it still looks soft and delicate.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x