Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Tuesday 10 March 2015

Using a die cut as a stencil.....

 So the new stamps were sitting on my desk, but so was that negative space Memory Box die that I used last week, so I cut it out of some vinyl and left the backing on, then used it as a stencil....


I used another Heidi Swapp stencil to do a background with some scattered straw and squeezed lemonade distress inks, then stenciled the flowers with Simon Says Stamps dye inks. I stamped the little vase from the Clearly Besotted Just Fabulous set and then covered it with Wow clear embossing powder. The flowers were given a coat of Wink of Stella clear glitter.....


Thank you all so much for all the lovely comments about the photos of the children, both here and on Facebook. So many commented that Monty looks like me - I had never noticed before, but could see it when I looked objectively at the photo. Fancy that! But James, his daddy is the only one of my three children who looks like a male version of me, and I can see James as a little boy so much when I look at Monty, so it makes sense - the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!

See you tomorrow x

16 comments:

  1. Genius idea to use the negative of that die cut as a stencil. Turned out beautiful! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute. I haven't played with stencils in forever and feel inspired to do so again. Thank you ! Lizzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to be able to use everything, isn't it? The ultimate in recycling! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and a great way to use negative dies :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. .Maryellen WebberTuesday, March 10, 2015

    A very pretty card! I like the stencil technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card En. My boys and their kids look like me, and their dad! Imagine that. LOL my oldest son and his oldest son look a lot like me, handsome fellas

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful way to use scraps ... the negative space makes a beautiful stencil. The various techniques you used on this card were a great success. It's fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Enfys, great use of the negative die cut as a stencil. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great looking card. You are so talented. Also wanted to let you know the CD arrived yesterday. I am excited to start using some of the images. Thank you again for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Enfys, have never tried this but the effect is beautiful. Had a wee look at your photos below. Wow your Grandkids are growing up so fast! All very beautiful kids. I had to laugh at the sunshine fashion lol. What are some people like. It would have skinned you here and we spotted three teenagers with belly tops!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty, great use of that die, again :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this tip! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card,I love the stencilled back ground,I have a few stencils my self but never now what to do with the really,so thank you for some much needed insperation.xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x