Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Wednesday 4 March 2015

A bit of sewing.......

I seem to be straying away from my usual playing with paper route this week, I suddenly decided I would decorate a cushion for Alex, don't ask me why this was suddenly a priority, I don't normally pick up needle and thread unless a hem is hanging down.

I did try cutting fabric with the Cricut, but this was a major fail, I probably wasn't doing some vital step, but this fail didn't bother me as it will probably be years before I feel like sewing again. So I cut out flower shapes by hand and did a bit of applique. She has a great rug in neutral shades of grey, creams and brown with just a tiny touch of teal, so I had this in mind with the colours I chose - and it will look great on her slate grey sofa, better than on my rather formal sofa........but I like it, I hope she does too.....





Then it was back to paper for a quick card I simply had to make yesterday, our granddaughter Kiki is moving up to secondary school (high school) in September and we were waiting with bated breath to see if she got into the school of her choice. She did! So this is for her........I can't believe she is getting to this stage already, she will be 11 in August


See you tomorrow x

7 comments:

  1. Enfys, your decorated throw pillow looks fabulous! Love the colors and patterns you've selected, and your design is lovely too. I know Alex will truly love it.

    Congratulations to Kiki. How wonderful that she will be attending the school of her choice. I am so amazed that she will be attending high school at age 11. That just seems so young to me. Our school structure here in the US, has most students entering high school at 14 or 15 (the last 3 or 4 years of pre-college/university education).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super cushion - I love the colours Enfys.
    Great news that Kiki got the school of her choice.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pillow is lovely, and sure to be enjoyed by it's new owner! So much nicer than anything in a store, as you designed the color scheme just for her. Great news about Kiki, and good luck to her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been on a pillow kick as well, however mine are pretty plain compared to yours. You've done a beautiful job and I'm sure Alex will love it.

    Congrats to Kiki, she will love her card. I do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Kiki! Thanks for making the school system in the UK easier to understand. Now I get it. Well for the most part. Beautiful pillow, I'm sure it's gorgeous on the sofa. TFS, hugs Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job on that pillow. Love the colors! I tried cutting some felt on my Silhouette and it was a fail too, then I found that you have to have some fairly stiff facing on it to make it work, at least that's what I was told.
    Adorable card for Kiki, congrats to her. The grade she would be going into here would be middle school, she's growing up fast, isn't she.
    Thanks for sharing these projects with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You scared me for a minute. I thought I lost four years somewhere. You enter high school at 15 in the US which is the 10th grade in our high school. I was happy to read that Kiki is still only 11! Phew! The pillow is adorable. What a keep sake.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x