Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Wedding Mini Album

I have been busy making a wedding album for some young friends who got married in an English country garden style wedding last month. The base book is MDF that I picked up at a craft show in the NEC, so it is quite sturdy. I covered all the pages in variations of the wedding colours - lilac, green and white, and brushed all the edges with Martha Stewart pearl white acrylic paint. The letters on the front of the book were cut from Plantin Schoolbook on the cricut, and I tied ribbons and string onto the binding rings.......




their wedding ceremony page........





and a double page showing all the lovely little details from the wedding, the tiny banners pick up the theme of handmade banners at the wedding, and say 'it's all in the detail'.......


and a page showing the gorgeous country garden flower arrangements, I used Memory Box dies to dress it up, and the fence is by Martha Stewart

It kept me busy for quite a while, these books always take far longer to make than I plan for!


I am busy working on Halloween/Christmas cards for a magazine - difficult to get in the mood when it is 33 degrees outside (92 F). I tried a Christmas CD, but it sounded very silly to be crooning along to 'chestnuts roasting by an open fire' so now all my ghosts and spiders and santas are metaphorically wearing their flip flops!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful album Enfys - something to be treasured.

    I have been very bad this year - no Christmas cards yet...I am slacking. Had you thought of some Australian Santa cards - I'm sure he would be wearing flip-flops and probably surfer shorts hehe

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous En...I haven't got round to working with the stuff I bought from MDF man yet and please can you send some of those 33 degrees over here...just a few would be good...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been following you as long as most on here, but I don't remember seeing any mini books or scrap pages on here before....yet wow! You did a wonderful job, Enfys! Will we see more in the near future? The pages were so detailed, I'm sure the couple will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous album, the bride and groom must be thrilled! I now have visions of santa in flipflops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Enfys, that album is absolutely gorgeous. The nicest gift you can offer someone.
    Good luck with your cards.
    Hugs.
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maryellen WebberWednesday, June 20, 2012

    What a beautiful job you did on the wedding album! I'm sure you will come up with some wonderful
    cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful mini wedding album they will love it

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely mini, they will treasure it, I'm sure!
    They do always take longer than we expect don't they.
    I've worked on a few Christmas cards recently and it does seem odd working on them with this lovely summery weather.
    Funny thing, the other day I stopped at a Wendy's with my Mom to get her a burger after eye surgery. We were sitting there and suddenly I realized that the song playing was "Baby It's Cold Outside" What?! How did that get mixed in with the songs? We got quite a laugh out of that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello,

    Wedding Albums hold all the special pictures and keepsakes from your wedding that you will treasure your entire life. These make wonderful gifts for the bride and groom. Thank you for give me this information...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful mini album..they will truly cherish that gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that last page with the flower arrangement. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x