Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Saturday 30 June 2012

Poppies and Tulips.......

Here are a couple more cards made with some of my new Memory Box dies - tulips and poppies. As always, I cut them in white and coloured with Promarkers. The shaped card bases and sentiments are by Craftwork Cards




I will be sorting out the challenge entries for this month over the weekend, winners on Monday, new challenge on Tuesday

Be sure to pop over to the Papercraft Inspirations magazine website to get links to twelve beautiful blogs - all chosen by me! See the cards that inspired me to choose the blogs in this month's magazine


When I go to my craft group on a Thursday, I call to see if anyone wants anything from Dunkin Donuts. Armed with the order, I went to the drive through.....
One medium hot coffee with cream and two sweet and low please
Do you want sugar in that?
No! Two sweet and low
Okay, anything else?
One large hot caramel latte and one large iced caramel latte, both with whipped cream please
Okay, so that's two medium hot caramel lattes with whipped cream?
NO.......................................(repeat order)
Okay, anything else?
One large iced green tea
Okay, so that's a large hot coffee with sugar, two iced caramel lattes, one large hot green tea?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.................(repeat order in irritated voice)
Pull up and we'll bring your order out
So, ever obedient, I pull up and wait, and wait, and wait....eventually a youth comes out carrying........I can't be bothered to type it all out again, let's just say it was 90% wrong. So back he goes and I wait, and wait and wait......
Eventually he comes out with the right order. Hurrah!
'sorry about the wait' said the hapless youth ' but you talk kind of funny!'

18 comments:

  1. ROFLing at the last part of the story - that is just so funny xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny! And the cards are GORGEOUS! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those poppies are simply gorgous. I'm going to have to find an excuse to get that die!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! OMG that was so funny!

    Lovely cards, BTW! I especially love the embossing on the first one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, the cluelessness of youth and Americans. This week I with a group attending an online webinar... the presenter was from Edinburgh. I, with my lifelong fascination with accents of all kinds, was the only one who didn't have any problem at all understanding what she said. My various obsessions with Julie Andrews, Ciaran Hinds, Gerard Butler and all things BBC finally pay off. LOL

    Love the poppies... you're not helping me keep my wallet under control, but I'll keep visiting anyway! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. those cards are so gorgeous...something else you've tempted me to add to my wish list...do I need to refine my accent for January...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards Enfys. The poppy die is currently on my wish-list.

    Had a good chuckle at your tale.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cards are beautiful, but the story is hilarious. Loved the "punch line".

    Dianne Bell - Sewpro02@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL of course, blame the customer! I wonder did he ever think to say, "I'm sorry would you mind coming inside?" It would have been so much easier! lol This is one reason we don't use drive throughs. They can always blame the microphone! lol
    Love the cards, En. I hope I have the time to go check out the mag for your blog suggestions.
    Congrats! TFS Hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are simply stunning. The coffee order sounds so familiar except the last bit. That sounds like a typical teenager, huh? So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cards are lovely could I ask have I missed the flex marker draw didn't see who was the lucky winner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too funny and totally sympathise with you! Your cards are lovely and cheerful. TFS Enfys, both the cards and the good chuckle.
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable cards!
    And better yet a DD story.
    It cracked me up because our friends for England are here for three months and I really have to listen hard sometime when they speak. LOL Always love your DD stories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely pair of cards, I love the idea of using the diecuts as the main image. They are stunning. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMGoodness ... how funny is that. I never thought of you as being a "funny talker", but rather as someone with a lovely accent. Please don't take the comment to heart ... after all, our youth seem to have a language all their own!

    I love these cards Enfys, they are so friendly, and I really like the crisp clean look of them.

    Hugz,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet cards and your visit to DD just cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enfys you are one FUNNY lady. Thanks for the laugh and love the cards.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x