The challenge over on Caardvarks this week is to make a window card. I have had this idea floating around in my head for a while, so decided to have a go and see if it would work. I don't have design studio, so my cricut is just the basic cut and stick. I put a scalloped card base (craftwork cards) on the mat, and using the navigate buttons bought the blade down about an inch, then using the glasses from the Wedding cartridge I cut the shape out of the front of the card using the blackout feature. I practised all this on a sheet of copy paper first.
I edged the glasses and the scallops with gold krylon pen, then ran a square of vellum through the cuttlebug, using the d'vine swirls folder, which I stuck on the back of the aperture. I tied a big blue organza bow at the side to hide the fact that I hadn't exactly centred the glasses, dotted a few pearls and prima flowers around and I was done. I am pleased with the result, as you know I am super-critical of my stuff, but occasionaly a card comes along that makes me think 'not bad' - this is one of those!