Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 19 June 2009

Pink and Orange for Polka Doodles


Here is my card for the Polka Doodles challenge this week. The design team were asked to use pink and orange, and two buttons. The buttons are tiny ones in the centre of the two smaller flowers. Everything on the card, paper, flowers, etc are downloads from the new Sugar Birdies CD. I sprayed the flowers with water as a bit of an experiment, and when it was dry it left quite a pleasing pattern of watermarks on the paper. I love those sentiment circles too, have a look on the blog and you will see that they can be printed out in different sizes too. Why don't you have a go this week, Nicky is going to be sending a freebie download as a thank you to everyone who enters a card in the challenge. The sketch is below.....

I have just bought these pens, they are advertised as Copic glitter pens, German, and waterbased not alcohol based. Gorgeous colours, and very reasonable too. you get a copic multiliner, (perfect for doodling) in the pack. I saw them on a blog and made a comment, and got the link from Cass, thanks Cass, and couldn't resist buying. Free postage in the UK, and super fast service. They even sent me a freebie of 3 gel pens. Cult Pens is the company, take a look, they do copics too.




Look, you can see the sparkle even in a photo.......

I had a phone call yesterday "Enfys, you haven't forgotten I asked you to make a card for my mother's 85th birthday?" "Of course not" I lied "remind me, when is it?" "Tomorrow"
YIKES! I have a master list of commissions waiting to be done, and I have lost it. Now the list isn't in a nice altered notebook, or even pinned up somewhere, it is a scrappy bit of paper that sort of hangs around getting dog-eared, and now it has gone AWOL altogether, probably swept up with the rest of the scraps off my table. I really need to go on a course 'How to keep track of lists you have made' or even 'tidy tips for dummies'. In the meantime, I can expect a lot of similar phone calls in the next couple of months.




22 comments:

  1. Oooh gorgeous card Enfys. I would hve never thought to put those two colors together, but they look so pretty. I am loving the glitter pens....why oh why did you have to post them? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome take on the challenge enfys...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the orange on this card. I especially like the ribbon. Great job. And those glitter pens look so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, you are one talented lady, I looked at your "car" card and that really rocks, too. thanks for sharing all your lovely creations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya Enfys, oh my gosh I adore this colour combo.Love your scalloped edge on this too. Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get a Filofax, and put the list in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. `WoW` Gorgeous card Enfys..Beautiful pens!!!!
    Hope you and yours are well:)
    Have a lovely Weekend :)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummy, orange and pink is one of my favorite color combos!!..such a cute card!..Now, I totally love those pens!!..I'm going to Stampfest in a couple of weeks and must look for them there!..If not, maybe they are someone online in the USA. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card Enfys, I would never think of putting pink and orange together and it works so well. Your glitter pens look fantastic.
    I know what you mean about scraps of paper with notes on them, I have many all over my desk!!!!
    Have a great weekend.
    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey there Enfys - how are you this card is wonderful! Love the colours and the gorgeous paper - the flowers are lush too. Love my spicas they are so awesome and give the most amazing dazzle - cult pens rock too i always get my pens there!
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so stinking cute Enfys - I love the colour combo.
    Hugs
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card. Thanks for the heads up about the pens. They look amazing. Too pricey tho by the time I add in shipping to the states. Will have to keep my eyes open to see if anyone carries them here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh where to begin?
    I love the card, that think you did with the ribbon, so neat, I must try it.
    The copic glitter pens are so cool too. I am trying to resist buying some.
    The new pics of the kids are so adorable!( I've been away on vacation for a while)
    Hugs,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning !

    Love Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab and funky card Enfys and I love those sparkly pens they are super!
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmmm I think your list might be with mine En.. Filed under 'B'!

    Loving those pens....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card Enfys. I didn't get to play last week but plan on being back for this one...Kris

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Enfys.Love the colour combo and the fabby flower.Thanks for the mention.Hope you didn't spend too much and they are a fantastic company.
    Hugs
    Cass xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. THATS FOR THE DEMO ON THE GLITTER PENS

    HUGS

    IVE

    ReplyDelete
  21. i always love those colors together and think you did a beautiful job! love that flower!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x