Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Tuesday 30 June 2009

Fairy Fabric Cards


I'd forgotten I had this really pretty fabric with little fairies on it, I haven't a clue where I got it from, or who made it. Anyway, two card later, both with a lot of bling. I swiped the back of the fabric with a glue stick and stuck it on to plain white card, then when it was dry, cut the images out. I really like the look of fabric images on cards, you get a texture that looks a bit 'different'. I ran a panel through the cuttlebug, using the paisley swirls folder and white core cardstock, then ran a nail file over the surface to highlight the embossing. The sentiment is from Great Impressions.

Look at this adorable little fairy baby, isn't she sweet? The border on this was done with a martha stewart punch, double scallop, and the sentiment is a clear studio G acrylic. I added some gems and a few drops of stickles to the flower centres.


If you want to try your hand at using fabric images on cards, look for fabric that has clear, well defined images with a space on the fabric between images, if they overlap it's really tricky to find a workable image. The added bonus of course is that you don't have to do any colouring.
I am just about to start the task of sorting out who has won the blog candy, bear with me, it's a bit of a mammoth task. I will post the winner later when the official adjudicator (Mike) and I have sorted it



21 comments:

  1. Stunning couple of card Enfys. I would nevber have guessed those fairies are fabric. Gorjus.

    Such a cute girlie card. Beautiful image.

    Love Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZER!! Is this ever gorgeous!! Right down to the very last detail!! Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic Enfys! I love the texture of the fabric and the coloring adds so much. Thank you for introducing me to this fabulous technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well its been awhile but I'm back
    love love love this card so pretty
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are so beautiful. You certainly did the images proud with your cards. Lovely, lovely, lovely.

    hugs, eileen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards En, I love the colors and all that bling!
    Hugs,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  7. adorable! - what a great idea... must look through my stash of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH En! What lovely cards! I don't sew, therefore I have no fabric. But these make me want to rush out and get some! You enabler you! lol
    And the new pics of the little ones are terrific! Aren't you a lovely Gran! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful! You are sooo talented!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh en, you clever thing!! those cards look beautiful.
    i love the new piccies of milo and monty, they are soo cute xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enfy, two stunning cards, saw these stamps and was nearly afraid to buy as they look so delicate to colour. You have done a fantastic job. Love the pics of your little grandchildren.
    pinky

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning cards Enfys. you make me look at Caitlin's (DD) fabric in a whole new light now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooooooooooooooo i am loving these enfys...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joan checking in. These are just exquisite. You always manage to take it to a whole new level.

    Love Joan XX

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are fabulous Enfys. I think I have some flower fairy fabric somewhere. I'll have to look it out. Do you seal it in anyway first to stop it fraying when you cut the images out?

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such `beautiful` cards Enfys....
    I love the faries..
    Hope you and yours are well:) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW ... great cards. I never would of thought of using the fabric this way.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Enfys, they are gorgeous, what a clever idea, and such a stunning result. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE your fabric cards! I've even bought ome of the adorable cat fabric you have used in the past but of course have done a thing with it yet. These cards are just magical En. Now I'm on the lookout for fairy fabric. LOL xxD

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow i love those fabric fairy cards they are stunning

    tc from mel x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x