Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 27 February 2009

Westie Birthday Card for Cute Card Thursday


I have had the animal face stamps from Peachy Keen for some time and only used them a couple of times, so I dug them out and cut the little dog from Animal Kingdom in white at 3 1/2" Her face is peachy keen, the little bone on her collar and the oval sentiment scallops are by
Go-Kreate. Papers are by SEI. The challenge on Cute Card Thursday is an animal card, so this is my offering.
There won't be a shortage of people to send this to, as a family we love Westies. We used to have one called Kirsty, who was a much loved family pet for 16 years. She was always a roamer, if a door was left open she would make a break for freedom. When she was just a puppy, and a bit of an inconvenience to be honest, ( you know the drill, kids want a dog, mum does all the work) she made one of her mad dashes, straight into the path of a car and broke her leg pretty badly. It needed surgery, and the next day we went to visit her at the doggie hospital. She ignored the children, but was so ecstatic to see me that she peed all over the table. Now no other living creature, before or since, has ever been so happy to see me that this happened (I can be quite certain of this), and I fell totally in love with her at that moment, and adored her until the day she died, in my arms, many years later. We still miss her and talk of her often. Boy, do they leave their little pawprints on your heart.

14 comments:

  1. another super cute card its in lovely colours too
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and beautiful story to go with it! I just love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous card Enfys, I love the sweet westie, he is so cute!
    Thank you for joining in the CCT challenge! Debx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Amazing.... love this card!!! I have Animal Kingdom for over 2 years, and have only used the cow for Steven's school project... thanks for the inspiration... your entire blog is wonderful!!! HUGS...SK :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic card! I love that doggy so much. Thanks so much for joining in with CCT. Lol Lynn ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute. Thanks for stopping by my blog, my son's friend really like the card :). Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enf, this is so cute. I've been thinking about getting those stamps. I just might have too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card and especially the story of Kristy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooo cute-I luv the lil bone embellie in his collar- very stylish pup!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness Enfys, your story brought tears to my eyes. Over the years we have said good bye to many sweet dogs and cats. I agree, you never forget them.
    Thank for sharing your story.
    Hugs
    Rheba

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful this card is I love the vibrancy as well as the shape of your card! BR-T

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card - So cute, Enfys!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this card and your story made me cry. I am a dog lover and just lost mine unexpected in October. One of my sons told my mom that he had never seen me cry like I did that day. I hear you about them being so totaly in love with you and dogs don't aks for much but give so much. Thanks for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x