Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 13 February 2009

Getting Old.............................


Getting old ain't for sissies according to this sentiment, and I am inclined to agree with that. I think the image (Impression Obsession) is hilarious, must get me a pair of those huge bunny slippers. I stamped and coloured the image (with copics) first, big mistake, huge..........make a mental note to always choose your patterns first and colour your image last. She is coloured in quite clashing colours (well, she doesn't look like the sort of woman who would coordinate her nightwear does she, more like the sort who buys it off the bargain rail at Walmart). This plain stripe paper by DCWV worked, and I picked out some of the colours for the little square buttons as an accent.
Speaking of getting old, looking after a 20 month old for four days certainly wore me out. Did I really bring up three of these whirlwind little people myself? He goes at life full tilt, why walk when you can run - preferably running very fast away from Ma who is trying to keep him safe. He is so sweet though, his bedtime cuddly toy is a monkey, and he grabs onto it when he is in need of a bit of comfort during the day, I couldn't understand what he wanted, so he gave me a baleful look, and beat his little chest like a monkey! Oh now I get it.

27 comments:

  1. This image is fantastc!!!!!! I was on the lookout for a good image to put on my sisters 40th birthday card - this is it!!!!!
    Leanne :o)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I love this card it is so so funny, i love it
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to say they are not brads they are card candy by craftworks, they are like brads but without the legs
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love this image and what you did with it! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enfys, this is hilarious! How did you know what color my pajamas were? LOL! I think the colors and the paper work perfectly! I know what you mean about the little one! The Monster (aka Domenic) is NON-STOP action! Sleeping like an angel right now. Try as I may, I can't find that halo above his head!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card. Thanks for the morning chuckle :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so awesome! It is so funny and I love how you thought about the clashing PJ's. Love the creativity behind this!

    Love the story, it made me smile.

    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this image too but haven't got around to using it yet! Love your card Enfys, fab as always!!
    Enjoy your weekend, hope you have a good rest now!!
    Justine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Enfys... love your coloring... I am still thinking about those copic markers, but haven't take the plunge yet... shich ones do you have ciao or sketch? ... HUGS...SK :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. CUTE card Enfys! FUNNY! I love your Grandma story too! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the card, I just wish you hadn't used the picture of me on it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, I have this image and just love it, though you do have to be careful who you give it to lol.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a wonderful image.... and just as well you can't see me at this moment.... am bearing a striking resemblence to said image!!!
    Allisonx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab image, love the big slippers...made me chuckle..
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so funny - she reminds me of the Catherine Tate granny!! Hope you're putting your feet up - looking after toddlers ain't for sissies either!!

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic Card Enfys it really tickled me !! lol
    Love Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL
    That is too cute!!
    I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Enfys...I am so laughing out loud...love the image and the way you colored and the design...but you really have a sense of humor about the whole running around thing...doing that now...and loving it :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's always a treat coming to visit your blog, I really love this image and your design. I can think of a couple of people just like it

    ReplyDelete
  20. That stamp is just too funny!!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG this is just possibly the craziest looking, coolest card I've seen in ages. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Are you sure it is Impression Obsession....? I just spent an hour looking for it... HELP!!!
    I love that stamp it is adorable. Thanks so much
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  23. Veronica, I can't check for sure as it's one of my USA stamps - I stamp a load and bring them back to the UK with me. On the back I have scribbled Impression O. Try Judikins, I'll scout around and see if I can find it.
    Enfys

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can't believe how cute she is and how wonderful and fun your card is too!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x