Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Saturday 1 November 2008

Hey There - Penny Black and Wild Card


I turned this card on it's side, used the porthole for the image and cut the funky looking frame, sticking it on at an angle around the frame. The frog is a Penny Black image, coloured with Copic markers and then coated in diamond glaze. The shape of the card is quite funky, and the matching envelope is a perfect size.


Happy Halloween to you all. We don't really do halloween in a big way in the UK (it's only a matter of time before retailers realise they could be missing a trick or two, then the stores will be awash with orange and black from Easter onwards.) I remember when my children were young having one of those "I'm not a very good mummy" sort of days, and deciding to make an effort and give them a special halloween tea. So I spent the day making little cakes, and hung white sheets all over the kitchen with a balloon inside for a head shape. So No 1 son came home, and with all the scornful sophistication of a twelve year old said 'Mum, why have you hung old sheets with balloons inside all over the kitchen?" No 2 son didn't say anything, I forgot he was going to a halloween sleepover (with one of those irritating organised mummies who thought of these things weeks in advance). No 3 little girl took one look, burst into tears and refused to eat her tea until the nasty ghosties went away, then wouldn't sleep until a thorough search had been made of the whole house for more nasties.

17 comments:

  1. Oh Enfys, what a great story!!!! Happy Halloween to you too! Love the card....the frog is adorable! Hope you have a great weekend! dawn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card & the wording really suits the frog.
    I love your story - it made me laugh.
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Enfys.. love that totally cute froggie :D
    Oh you did make me laugh this morning... after all your hard work with your Halloween tea... Kids eh aren't they just the cutest!! Hope you managed to get rid of all of the other nasties for your little girl... I shouldn't laugh but I just think the whole thing is soooo funny. TFS and making my day!!
    hugs
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious Enfys! But so sad all your hard work was a waste. Darling froggie card. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the story and the card is fab!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you have turned the card on it's side Enfys.
    It looks super cute
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute!!! Your story was awesome, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your story En made me think of when I was young! many moons ago! Love how you've used this card design on it's side. This cart isa a real winner!

    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute froggie and great story - that's kids for you...
    Hugs
    kath
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is fab a perfect card shape for the frog image

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes your story was great !!
    I love your little frog card, it's just darling !!
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enfys that Halloween story made me laugh out loud !!! Love your blog !

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have this stamp image and I have never used him , this card is so cute. Now I know what this froggie looks like on a card :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL, That is one of the funniest halloween stories yet. Thanks for the chuckle.
    Hope this one was a tad better.

    Like the long card, not to mention that adorable frog.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x