Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Saturday 15 November 2008

Happy Birthday


I do love Penny Black stamps, they are always such fun to colour. I played with my prismacolour pencils, and the sentiment stamp is one I got free from a magazine.


My mojo has gone missing, has anybody seen it? I have some magazine commissions to do, and a deadline to meet and I have just wasted a whole evening messing around with a card that is just not good enough. I tidied my scrap area so that tomorrow everything will be tidy and nice for me to start work, I'll let you know how it goes. Lots of you have asked me how magazine designing works, do I just make the cards and send them in? The answer to that is a definite no. You are given very specific guidelines on what they want, it has to fit in with the whole issue, supplies have to be current and available, and you write the text as well, including a list of materials used and suppliers, plus of course deadlines to meet. My goal is to give every card a 'I would never have thought of that' reaction from the readers. It's fun, challenging and very rewarding to see your work in print. My deadlines are shortened by a week when I am in the USA to allow for the airmail times. So with all this going on, there may be just a slight hiccup in my 'christmas card of the day' project.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Enfys this card is just stunning... I totally love that Penny Black image..soooo cute :D
    I don't think your mojo will be far away..but I'm sending you a wish for extra mojo to kick in..lol
    Happy crafting
    hugs
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that stamp - your card is just wonderful.
    Hugs
    Fi

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x