Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Sunday 7 September 2008

Male birthday - Frog Card

Well, I have been a bad blogger this week, I was exhausted after the trip over the Atlantic, and have just spent a few days getting myself organised here in Florida. I have found time to go to all the craft stores within a 20 mile radius of me though.
I fell in love with this frog image from Sparkle and Stamp, and thought he would look cute all dressed in green gingham, so I stamped him twice then cut out his checked image and stuck it to the base. The sentiment stamp is by studio G. All of a sudden it sort of morphed into a male card and I am really pleased with it, I always have a problem making men's cards look bright, I always seem to reach for the browns and dark green. Added some dew drops for bubbles. The glass is coated with glossy accents. Colouring done with prisma pencils and a goo gone pen.
I've had a few emails asking me where I got the stamp. It's from Carrie at Scrapbook Fanatics store here in Hudson. Email her, she may be able to send one out to you www.scrapbookfanatics@verizon.net or call 727 819 9300
I have also been working with my kit that Cropstop sent me for the October design team, but of course I can't share those with you yet. The 10% coupon below the Cropstop logo on the right is still valid - she has all the latest cuttlebug folders in stock.

23 comments:

  1. Super cute froggie,Enfys. But why'd you come back to Florida for huricaine season?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH this card is awesome I really like how the frog matches. It's such a cute stamp , Great job!
    Terria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, I love what you did with the gingham paper.
    Thanks for all the inspiration
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute I got the same $ stamps but I just love the frog in the glass! Glad to have you back hope to see more form you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so cute Enfys and he is having the best time...hiccup...hiccup. - thanks for dumping VW...it means a lot when you are leaving lots of comments....just have to work on your buddies in the US....4S4U...120 entries to their challenge every week and nearly all with VW..square eyes by the time I get round them all.
    Love
    Kath
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this froggy En, he looks like he's had one too many!!
    Got my copy of Papercraft Inspirations today, and the article is fab, all your cards look amazing, i love the one that looks like a handbag and the gatefold one too!
    you must be so proud of them :) It would be my dream one day to have something published!
    Enjoy Florida, and don't forget to make us laugh with all your fab stories!!

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo, Enfys! WV dumped! Like your style. :o) It's great to see this changing. If you fancy eight entries in my blog candy campaign against word verification, it's HERE

    Hugs,
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card, the frog is brilliant and the gingham suits him to a tee xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, I truly love this card! That stamp is ADORABLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. **snort**

    Love the plaid frog! to cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This frog is adorable. I love the green gingham. and the baubles are the perfect finishing touch! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH THIS IS SOOO CUTE. I have a guy friend's b-day coming up and he loves martini's. I must get this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Uncle is all about Frogs, he would love this card!!Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That frog is just too stinkin' cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is so funny! i love your gingham frog :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What could be better than a martini and a frog??? Oh yeah - this card!!! Girl, your work is truly inspiring! I am sooooo adding your blog to my FAV's!!!
    THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Enfys! So I got this stamp, thanks for the inspiration! I stamped the image and used my glossy accents on the glass. I can't believe how well that stuff works, this is only the 2nd time I've used it. Anyway, I should have the card posted tomorrow, come on over and check it out...
    Hugs, Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  18. So love this card! It is ultra cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Enfys, love your work! I always look forward to seeing what you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Going thru some of your older posts...
    LOVE this frog! What a darling idea.
    Gingham rocks!

    TR

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x