Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 12 September 2008

High 5 - Congrats Card

The challenge on Caardvarks this week is 'Working for a Living' , so I used some office supplies. I used a tear out index card in bright neon green and a giant paper clip on this one. The 'high 5' was cut at 3" from the Graphically Speaking cartridge, and the 'congrats' sentiment is, what else, a studio G $ stamp. I thought this would make a good card for someone who has just got a new job/promotion.
Our house here in Florida has been painted, it was such a different way of doing things than in the UK, where most of us live in brick or stone houses, and just the windows/doors etc are painted. Here, all the windows were covered with brown paper - the house looked like an oven-ready turkey all trussed up. Then they just spray the whole thing. The only problem was, mid-spray it started to rain and the painters left (they don't have the stoicism of British painters, who huddle miserably for hours in the rain, waiting for a five minute break in the clouds), so I was in my turkey house all night, the only exit being through the garage. Each time the wind blew, it rustled the paper and it sounded just like animals prowling around...............not much sleep that night! Yesterday, the sun shone, so now we are freshly painted and looking good.

16 comments:

  1. Now I'm thinking about your turkey house En and I'm wondering .... where did they put the stuffing lol xxxx

    Fabulous card - I LOVE that funky green. It't just brilliant. Have a great weekend xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this green and black combo and check out that huge paper clip - fun and funky card
    Love
    kath
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color combo!

    ~Samantha
    Stampin' UP! Demo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! En, I LURVE this card!! So cool.. and BRIGHT! lol ;o)

    Glad to hear things are nice and fresh in Florida! I trust Mr & Mrs Hiss and family are still sulking and have not returned to plague you?

    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Green and black are fabulous together!!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now these colors rock , i love this card excellent job!
    TGIF :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bright green. And "high 5" is cool title.

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool card! love the colors! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the boldness of this card! The lime green is lush and the paper clip really sets it off!
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the high 5...awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool! Love how you used the neon green office supplies! Very clever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh no!!!! I'm sorry to hear the painting didn't go so well. I have a brick house, and the previous owner decided to paint it!!! I wish I could strip it down to the original brick....but can you imagine the labor involved in that? ugh!!!! Have a great day in your "turkey" house.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hehehehe turkey house - fantastic image I have!!

    Very funky and bright card - really love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun is that neon green ... and I love that big paper clip too ... wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome card! The color combo is just stunning! Cool jumbo clip too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this - vibrant.

    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x