Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Thursday 11 September 2008

Best Witches Halloween Card






A new challenge site for me this week, Verve stamps have a challenge each week over on Splitcoast stampers. Click HERE for details. The challenge was to use the 'out of the box' technique, and as I don't have any Verve stamps yet, I used this little witch which is one of this seasons halloween releases from the dollar bin in Michaels (studio G wood mounted). The sentiment and spider are from the studio G clear sets.


So I stamped the witch in black onto white card, then cut around her by hand as it is such a small stamp, cutting around her hat and the moon. Coloured her in with prisma pencils, and inked the edges very liberally in black ink. All the papers are scraps of DCWV that I had hanging around, so I felt virtuous as well. The out of the box technique is pretty effective, and very easy to do. Stamp your image, then cut around 3/4 of it, I usually use a coluzzle cutter for this, but was able to do this one by hand. Cut out the hat and the moon, so that it is totally out of your circle/square/oval. I find that mounting it with pop dots works best as it emphasised the cut out.


14 comments:

  1. It's adorable! Great job cutting out that hat!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are adorable ... but not as adorable as the two little cuties on the right side of your blog!!!! I've enjoyed visiting your blog ... I'm sure I will return again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No comment on this lovely card?! Crazy people out there I tell you :P Such a simple technique well executed. Love the color combos too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card! my m's was loaded today with all these $1 Halloween stamps. It's amazing what you can do with that $1! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh En! That witch is just fabulous!!! I need her - lol!!

    Fabulous card :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Itsy bitsy spider climbed onto a fabby card made by En
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a fabulous witchy card. I love the way all the papers work together and that witch is just cute xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, Enfys!! I love your cards!!! Fabulous job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this card, so so cute!!!
    Terria:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab little stamp! Great sentiment hehehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous Halloween card but I think the spider looks scarier than the witch....so cute
    Love
    kath
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable witch, I love her hat, and the cutting and layering, wow! Great work!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x