Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 19 September 2008

Belated Birthday Card

Once again, the inspiration for this card came from a $1 set of clear stamps by Inkadinkadoo. I immediately thought of the snail from the Walk in my garden Cricut cartridge, and cut her (well, it must be a female snail in that pretty floral skin!) at 2 1/2" out of a pattern paper by Bo Bunny, then cut the shell from another pattern paper by Martha Stewart. It lacked definition so I cut a shadow in yellow and lots of white doodling. I popped some prima flowers on her antennae, with a small black button in the centre. My crafting friend Phyllis produced the googly eye with eyelashes (how cute), and she was ready to go.

Someone asked me what white pen I use for doodling? I find the Inkessentials pen fantastic, it's a very fine tip, and very white. Shows up very well on dark paper.

Off to a crop again tonight, down at Scrapbook Fanatics. I have a load of stuff to do at the moment, but tonight will be just for pleasure, I think I will get out my photos of Kiki and Max and make a page or two..............

24 comments:

  1. My En you are on a craftathon...producing masses - can't keep up...so enjoy your scrap night tonight and love this card with Mr Snail and his googly eyes.
    Hugs
    kath
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Enfys.....this is just too adorable for words.....I LOVE THE RED!!!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that snail En - he is fabulous. I love his googly eyes, and you say your friend produced them? Do you mean she actually made them? How flippin clever - I am majorly impressed with that!! Hope you have a good crop and enjoy your photies xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card!! I love everything about it...so clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn, Phyllis didn't make the googly eyes I meant she produced it out of her stash! You buy them like that, aren't they great?

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a pretty snail. great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the doodling you do on your cards. You have a wonderful style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so adorable. Love that snail! When I come visiting your going to have to show me how to use my cricut. I've only used it one time...it's gathering dust!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so very cute!! I envy you we lost all our local scrapbook store,I really enjoyed the late Friday and Saturday crop:(

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card! I love those yellow antennae best!
    SammieJay

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a cute little snail with his googly eyes- enjoy your scrap night
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  12. En, I really love this snail card.. She's so pretty! That cute googly eye is great! :o)

    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOLOL the daisy's on the end of the snails antenae!!!!!!! That is THE cutest thing that I have seen all week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi En, say hi to Phyllis if you see her soon. I'm one of the gals you met last spring at Paper Playhouse. I've finally started following your blog..Love your work. Be back to the area in a month or so.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just wanted to say hi, and let you know how much I enjoy your blog and lovely artwork.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Enfys this is so cute!! Great design and I love her flowery body and antennae!!

    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  17. That eye is so funny!!! It just makes the snail!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wOW..another stunning make, thanks for your kind words, I will certainly keep a look out for your cards in Papercraft Inspirations, now wouldn't that be a good idea for a blog..2 designers..1 magazine.xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a cute card! The expression on the snail's face and the flowers on its antennae are priceless.

    I'm going to lift your idea, if you don't mind.

    PJ (Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Too cute !!!!!! love this darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Now isn't she adorable. I have this cartridge and have yet to use it! You have inspired me to pull it out!
    Sandy O
    www.papertransformer.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. ok this is way cute! how clever to use the snail...then send through the "snail mail" LOL you make me smile everytime I look at your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i love the idea of the snail on the late card. i'm usually late on gift stuff. thanks for the idea. great job.
    theresa

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x