Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Sunday 11 May 2008

You Colour My World




I found out how to make these little paint rollers ages ago, I think they were in a magazine somewhere - certainly, long before blogland. So sorry I can't give credit where it's due. Anyway, they are cute. The word was cut from plantin at 1", then on black shadow.


The tiny words - you, my, world, come from the most ridiculous purchase I have ever made. A tub of these tiny little words from K & Co, there are 4,500 words in each box, each tiny piece has another word on the reverse - so here's the scenario, you tip out the words onto the table, dropping a hundred or so on the floor as you do so, then you search painstakingly among the remaining 4,400 words, dropping another hundred or so on the floor as you do so. So after 2 hours you have found 'world' and 'my' but 'you' is nowhere to be seen. It becomes a crusade - your husband goes to bed, leaving you muttering and surrounded by tiny pieces of paper. In disgust, you sweep the lot into the trash, get on your hands and knees to clear up the debris under the table, and there, hidden behind the table leg is..........'you' I am not surprised they were on sale!


The photo of the paper clips shows quite clearly how you make the rollers without me waffling about it. The hardest bit is attaching the 'paint' to the roller. I stuck a glue dot on the end of the paper and used that to attach it to the paper clip. I also found it helped if you wound the paper tightly around a knitting needle before wrapping it around the paper clip.

9 comments:

  1. Great card Enfys - I too remember that article but from where I can't remember - must be our age

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are very creative, i would have never thought of that..

    loveee itt

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! How creative...I love the paint rollers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enfys, what a cute idea those little paint rollers! And...I feel you about spending time on "not very useful" things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card, love the colours and your rollers are so cute, love the idea

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just too cute but you made me laugh when you were talking about finding the words lol !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love these rollers.. and the card.. thank you so much for the laugh!!!! i cant quit! :) shelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. THAT IS SO AWESOME!!! Love it, can't wait to scraplift it!!

    Aussie Alli

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enfys, this is the cutest idea, and the timing is perfect for a project I have going on! Thanks so much. I love your blog. I have it as a favorite on my blog for all of my peeps to check you out!

    BettyBee

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x