Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Monday 26 May 2008

Quick Tutorial For Faux Stitching




If you love the look of stitching on your work, but can't sew or have access to a sewing machine, try this. Use a plastic canvas grid, available from craft or needlework stores, very cheaply, and using a piercing tool and a craft mat, pierce your paper through every hole. The dots will be in a perfect straight line and evenly spaced. Then just take your pen and join up the dots. I think they are used for cross stitch, so are in the sewing department. They happened to be hanging up by the clearance items (which I always check out).


You can doodle through the holes as well, place the canvas on your paper and draw a dash along the bottom of the little square. For a double line, use two adjacent rows. If you want to leave a space for dots, crosses etc, simply draw 4, miss 3, draw 4 and so on.


You can buy a circle as well, which I was thrilled to find, as I love the look of doodled circles, but they are very hard to do.

23 comments:

  1. How absolutely clever! Thank you for sharing! I always enjoy your work on the cricut MB. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial Enfys - tfs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lesson Enfys now I will have to search out those little templates!!

    Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas, En!! I use a kind of spiky pastry wheel thing for marking holes for faux stitching, but this is better. Have left you a note on the Funky Hand team blog! Take a wild guess at what it says!! lol :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant - will get is for sure :) Thanks Enfys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant, thanks for that Envys...I have got into stitching lately & my Mum gave me her sewing machine, but this looks quicker than getting the machine out & threading it up etc, thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a genius!! Now I am going to have to do a drive-by on my way to work tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the inspiration.

    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea thanks for sharing.
    eileenpaul

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you. I would never have thought of the plastic canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great tip, thanks for sharing and i cant wait to give it a try.
    jennie
    cambogroup@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tip - especially for those of us who can't sew

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tutorial! Thanks for sharing. Awesome tips!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another item to add to my craft store shopping list. What a great idea. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for this tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know, being a quilter, you would think that I wouldn't be scared to do stitching on my cards. Thanks so much for sharing this technique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's just a clever idea! I have tons of that at home and never would have thought of that. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a way to think outside the BOX...

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks for this idea...will have to check out the shops now ;0)

    ginny

    http://my5bratz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a brilliant idea - so easy, so simple - anothrt why didn't I think of that moment!

    ss

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great tutorial ,and lovely blogg candy
    jud

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x