Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Saturday 31 May 2008

Paisley Tree - All Occasion Card


Here's my card for today. The stamp is Paisley Tree by Impression Obsession, and is one of those gorgeous stamps where the card practically makes itself. I stamped it in black twice, and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder, then cut some of the paisleys out and added to the first image with dimensional dots. I filled in all the tiny nooks and crannies with my sakura glue pen and sprinkled with extra fine glitter. The background card is the palest of pale pinks.


Whenever I use glitter it seems to get EVERYWHERE. I try to contain it, but no, everything gets a touch of bling when I have the glitter out. Mike had a meeting, at home in the UK last year, with a guy who turned up looking very businesslike - charcoal grey pinstripe suit, white shirt, elegant silk tie, you get the picture. They sat down at the kitchen table, where I craft (no craftroom.........sigh), which I had obviously cleared and cleaned before the important meeting.

When he left, I could see as he turned to shake our hands at the door, that he had sparkles all over, on his face, on the immaculate grey suit. I didn't say anything - well what could I say 'excuse me, you glitter?', but I often wondered if he had a hard time from his wife when he got home. She probably thought he had spent the afternoon at a lapdancing club!

31 comments:

  1. Oh Enfys...I love the glitter story! That makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is beautiful and what a funny story about the glitter, hopefully his wife is a crater and understood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and elegant card. You are right in your previous post, black does make a nice card and failrly simple to do. Great work. When you talk about the glitter story I have to grin with guilt! I am so guilty of many people walking out of my house with sparkles of some sort on them. Adds a little touch of character!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Enfys. Glitter does get everywhere doesn't it! My hubby often goes to work sparkly, but I don't I tell him....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful & elegant! I adore that stamp & how you have made it 3D. I always think black gives such a dramatic finish & compliments any colour.
    What an hillarious story about the 'glitter man'. Hope his wife believed him! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome story,, how AWESOME is paisley huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. En, this card is aimply beautiful :) So refreshing to see something so different! I do a lot of blog hopping, and you always inspire me :)
    with the variety of designs, and your funny stories are the best :)
    No surprise for me that you have so many visitors!


    Carol x
    DT Mate!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Enfys
    I'm still laughing at your glitter story! I glitter at the kitchen table too(no craftroom here either!) and no matter how much you clean up there's always some left lol!
    Your card is so elegant I love black and white and the paisleys are beautiful

    Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi
    I love your site..I enjoy reading your comemts and looking at your creations. That was a funny story. I could just see that guy shaking hands at the door.Glitter all over FUNNY..Thank you and all for so much fun Mindy Barlow

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card.

    Next meeting, your hubby might suggest a coffee shop. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beutiful card you made here. I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this soooo elegant

    Mmmm glitter tale sounds sooo familiar lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Enfys, this is so beautiful, elegant! Nice to see something different! Hope you are having a great weekend!
    Justine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everyone should have a little glitter in their life - especially men in grey suits!! Love that Paisley tree, so sharp and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card!

    I bet he did glitter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The story makes all worth while.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the glittery man story RROFL xx Brilliant!! And I LOVE that card - it is so elegant xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your blog is STUNTASTIC!!
    Love it!!
    Congrats on the super high counter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ooh i love this card so elegant and that story is too funny !!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Enfys, the glitter story is priceless! I could not help but laugh! This card is elegance all over! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this... I will have to check into getting the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMGoodness, I was laughing out loud about the glitter story!!!! Too funny! And I love your beautiful card Enfys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW! What an elegant card...and so very clever with the paisley! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi just popped over from Kath's to have a look. Love your cards but the paisley tree if fabulous.....
    will be back soon
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful, it looks like lace.

    xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oooh I sooo love the way you created the tree for thisbeautiful card Enfys:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very sophisticated - love it

    ReplyDelete
  29. This card is just gorgeous.
    Great glitter story.X

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x