Tuesday, 27 May 2008

Male Card - Cheers!


The challenge on Papertake this week is to make a male card, in honour of Fathers Day which is coming up soon. The image on this card is by Art Impressions, papers are by SEI. I do love the challenge of making men's cards cheerful and fun, using bright cheery colours instead of the usual browns, burgundys etc etc that we associate with men. I got a whole pack of the 'cheers' strips on clearance, they had bling rhinestones on them which I removed and replaced with a black button. I can't imagine sending a card saying 'cheers' to a girlfriend, although it would probably be quite appropriate for some (you know who you are ----cheers! Now all my friends who read this blog are wondering if I am implying they are alcohol dependent. No, none of you are, we just enjoy cracking open a bottle of wine together!). Funny how we fall into these stereotypes of male/female images.

21 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

What a great card, love the waiter and your colors and papers are fantastic.

traciejane said...

fabulous card Enfys, love the stamp - brilliant :-)x

My Little Space said...

fab card Enfys, love the image!

Mandy

Bev said...

Wow, what a fab card

michelle said...

I love this Enfy's you did a great job of making a cheerful man card love the image !!

Kazan Clark said...

oooh I love this AND I have that paper too :) thanks for the design inspiration :)

LazyKay said...

Excellent image, well used. Great card!

xxxxxxx

Rach said...

a lovely bright and colourful fathers day card.
Hugs Rach.x

Tip Top said...

Love this!!

craftaddict said...

another great card. Men are sometimes difficult to make cards for! Let's face it men are some times difficult full stop!

Jacey's Mom said...

I like this card. Lovin the stamp.

RaeAnne said...

my grampa would LOVE this ..

great job

Lana said...

Great male card. I know what you mean about using the typical male colours, so this card makes a refreshing change.

steph said...

Great card! love the image!! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

Karen said...

Wow, a really unusual mix of patterns and they work brilliantly!

Karen
http://karenscreation.blogspot.com

All Pink girl said...

Brilliant card ,love the stamp you have used ,Dawnx

Sharri C said...

I love this card, it's very Regal. Sharri

Jilli said...

Fantastic card, as always! Love the stamp!

Ickle Pickle said...

Fab card and stamp well done :)

my5bratz said...

yet another beauty...TFS

Ginny

http://my5bratz.blogspot.com/

JanisD said...

what a perfect {man card} they are so hard to make. You captured it very well with this one though. Thanks for your inspiration.

Thanks, Janis

http://scrappergrl.blogspot.com/