Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Tuesday 27 May 2008

Male Card - Cheers!


The challenge on Papertake this week is to make a male card, in honour of Fathers Day which is coming up soon. The image on this card is by Art Impressions, papers are by SEI. I do love the challenge of making men's cards cheerful and fun, using bright cheery colours instead of the usual browns, burgundys etc etc that we associate with men. I got a whole pack of the 'cheers' strips on clearance, they had bling rhinestones on them which I removed and replaced with a black button. I can't imagine sending a card saying 'cheers' to a girlfriend, although it would probably be quite appropriate for some (you know who you are ----cheers! Now all my friends who read this blog are wondering if I am implying they are alcohol dependent. No, none of you are, we just enjoy cracking open a bottle of wine together!). Funny how we fall into these stereotypes of male/female images.

21 comments:

  1. What a great card, love the waiter and your colors and papers are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card Enfys, love the stamp - brilliant :-)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab card Enfys, love the image!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Enfy's you did a great job of making a cheerful man card love the image !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh I love this AND I have that paper too :) thanks for the design inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent image, well used. Great card!

    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. a lovely bright and colourful fathers day card.
    Hugs Rach.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. another great card. Men are sometimes difficult to make cards for! Let's face it men are some times difficult full stop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this card. Lovin the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  10. my grampa would LOVE this ..

    great job

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great male card. I know what you mean about using the typical male colours, so this card makes a refreshing change.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! love the image!! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, a really unusual mix of patterns and they work brilliantly!

    Karen
    http://karenscreation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant card ,love the stamp you have used ,Dawnx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this card, it's very Regal. Sharri

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic card, as always! Love the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  17. yet another beauty...TFS

    Ginny

    http://my5bratz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a perfect {man card} they are so hard to make. You captured it very well with this one though. Thanks for your inspiration.

    Thanks, Janis

    http://scrappergrl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x