Monday, 26 May 2008

Happy Anniversary Honey - Lucky Me


The design team on Bitten by the Bug were asked to use the 'Lucky' cut from the Alphalicious cartridge - trust Regina always to come up with something that stretches our creativity! I played around with this one for ages before finally coming up with this, and now that it's finished I really like it. It so happens that it's our wedding anniversary tomorrow - 31 years - so happy anniversary to my lovely husband Mike who is so tolerant of all my crafting excesses and the time I spend on this blog.


I popped into a craft shop to buy more of the canvas grids for some friends who want me to take them home to the UK. 'Oh my' said the salesperson 'there is a lot of demand for these today, we must order more. Did you see something using them in a magazine?' - No, just on my blog. I wonder if I could work on commission.................thoughts of becoming a dollar millionaire whirling around my head. Maybe not, since they only cost a few cents/pennies.


So this card used the work 'lucky' (cut using the short stack option at 2") - be warned, it cuts BIG. I computer generated the happy anniversary honey, and made my own rub-on. To do this, set your printer to mirror image, and print onto the smooth side of a transparency. Let it rest for a minute or two, then transfer to your card using a craft stick. Wipe any residue off your transparency and it's ready for your next rub-on. The scallop border was done using the fiskars threading water punch, and the narrow scallop pink border is from a pack by daisy d's.

19 comments:

DeeDee said...

Enfys, this is so pretty!!! I love the polka dots and checks in PINK!!! ADORABLE!!!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card Enfys! I love it! And a VERY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and your hubby! HUGS!

Flossie's Follies said...

How great, love the pink and black with the polka dots

Regina Easter said...

oh my goodness, 31 years.....wow, what a blessing...i love the card

Ivy said...

OOhh Enfys...how I love this card. I think your hubbie is going to love it too! Happy Anniversary!!

Bunny B said...

Happy Anniversary to you two!! :)

Kim said...

Gorgeous Enfys. I am off out today to find those canvas grids hopefully! Love the colours on this card and the scallop border.

Craftling said...

Happy Anniversay to you and Mike, En!! :o)

Lovely card, and great tip re. home-made rub-ons! Will try that!

Heather xx

kath said...

Gorgeous card Enfys love the hot pink - polka dots and checks mixed

Happy Anniversary to you both

michelle said...

Simply wonderful i love this and i really must try and make some rub ons !! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU BOTH !! hugs !!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary to you and your hubby!!!

Jacey's Mom said...

Too cute! I love the pink and black together.

Tawsha said...

very adorable! Great card.

Lana said...

A gorgeous card again Enfys! I love the colours and a belated 'Happy Anniversary!'

Stacey Roberts said...

Adorable.. I love the pink & black.. My favorite colors... and the scalloped edge is so cute.. You do such a good job.

Ickle Pickle said...

Very pretty card. I love the pink polka dots :)

my5bratz said...

this is gorgeous...another inspiration and reason I seem to be spending more time on cards than scrapping lately :0)

ginny

http://my5bratz.blogspot.com/

JanisD said...

Ohh how pretty is this? I love the colors you went with. You do some awesome work!

http://scrappergrl.blogspot.com/

Thanks, Janis

luvmyshihtzus said...

Thanks for the rub-on directions. I made my first rub ons, which I've been meaning to do for ages.

Love the card, too!