Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Monday 26 May 2008

Happy Anniversary Honey - Lucky Me


The design team on Bitten by the Bug were asked to use the 'Lucky' cut from the Alphalicious cartridge - trust Regina always to come up with something that stretches our creativity! I played around with this one for ages before finally coming up with this, and now that it's finished I really like it. It so happens that it's our wedding anniversary tomorrow - 31 years - so happy anniversary to my lovely husband Mike who is so tolerant of all my crafting excesses and the time I spend on this blog.


I popped into a craft shop to buy more of the canvas grids for some friends who want me to take them home to the UK. 'Oh my' said the salesperson 'there is a lot of demand for these today, we must order more. Did you see something using them in a magazine?' - No, just on my blog. I wonder if I could work on commission.................thoughts of becoming a dollar millionaire whirling around my head. Maybe not, since they only cost a few cents/pennies.


So this card used the work 'lucky' (cut using the short stack option at 2") - be warned, it cuts BIG. I computer generated the happy anniversary honey, and made my own rub-on. To do this, set your printer to mirror image, and print onto the smooth side of a transparency. Let it rest for a minute or two, then transfer to your card using a craft stick. Wipe any residue off your transparency and it's ready for your next rub-on. The scallop border was done using the fiskars threading water punch, and the narrow scallop pink border is from a pack by daisy d's.

19 comments:

  1. Enfys, this is so pretty!!! I love the polka dots and checks in PINK!!! ADORABLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Enfys! I love it! And a VERY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and your hubby! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great, love the pink and black with the polka dots

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness, 31 years.....wow, what a blessing...i love the card

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOhh Enfys...how I love this card. I think your hubbie is going to love it too! Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary to you two!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Enfys. I am off out today to find those canvas grids hopefully! Love the colours on this card and the scallop border.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversay to you and Mike, En!! :o)

    Lovely card, and great tip re. home-made rub-ons! Will try that!

    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Enfys love the hot pink - polka dots and checks mixed

    Happy Anniversary to you both

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply wonderful i love this and i really must try and make some rub ons !! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU BOTH !! hugs !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy anniversary to you and your hubby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too cute! I love the pink and black together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeous card again Enfys! I love the colours and a belated 'Happy Anniversary!'

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable.. I love the pink & black.. My favorite colors... and the scalloped edge is so cute.. You do such a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty card. I love the pink polka dots :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is gorgeous...another inspiration and reason I seem to be spending more time on cards than scrapping lately :0)

    ginny

    http://my5bratz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohh how pretty is this? I love the colors you went with. You do some awesome work!

    http://scrappergrl.blogspot.com/

    Thanks, Janis

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the rub-on directions. I made my first rub ons, which I've been meaning to do for ages.

    Love the card, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x