Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 9 May 2008

Accordian Fold Birthday Card and Template






The challenge on Papertake Weekly this week was to use a template. I used K & Co paper with a lovely paisley pattern, and highlighted the paisley with tiny gems. I stamped a spray of flowers for the front - Great Impressions - and dotted it with dew drops and more little gems from Papermania. It's quite a bulky card, so I made a band to hold it together - I love cards that you have to 'unwrap', and also messed around a little with the measurements given below, I cut my cardstock to 10" x 5", giving a finished card of 5" square.
Here are the Papertake instructions


here are the measurements:cut CS at 8.5 x 5.5 inchesscore at 4.25 and foldfold the front back in half , cut a second piece of cs 8.5" x 5.5 "fold in half fold each panel again in half - so it looks like a "M" attach with tape together with your first CS piece. Now you are ready to embellish and layer CS.
=========================================
The latest on the black racer snake saga, is that he seems to have taken up permanent residence in a water meter just by our garage door. There is a hole in the meter for workmen to lift it up, and we keep seeing him slithering down the hole. To my horror yesterday, there he was sunning himself with another snake. Yes, there are two of them, so presumably that means lots of little baby black racers wriggling about under the meter cover, all ready to do the snake equivalent of toddling about on my lawn. I have asked neighbours tactfully, ('where do I buy snake poison?' okay, not tactful at all), how I can get rid of them i.e murder them, and all I get told is 'oh they're good, they eat the rats'. RATS? Why did the salesman who sold us this house not mention these attractive features of Florida living? Soon the place will be alive with baby snakes having tantrums, and teenage snakes holding races on the lawn.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the papers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow gorgeous card! I love the papers and the embellished stamp on the front! Fab! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! This is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Enfys. I have also just watched a recording of the earlier Create and Craft programme featuring the Funky hands CD's you designed with. Your green and pink 'Just for You' card was shown as a sample, and looked great, so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow beautiful card ,gorgeous colours ,Dawnx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Enfys, the papers look wonderful.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow enfy's this is wonderful you did an amazing card for this challenge !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mental picture of the teenage snakes just left me in a heap on the floor, writhing!!!! OMG!! You're so funny!! ;o)

    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x