Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Tuesday 8 April 2008

Paper Dolls Cards, Cowboy Boots, Bra, Hat




Michaels had a huge sale this weekend, with cartridges on sale for $40. The difference between here and the UK is so marked, not only is there a huge choice, most craft stores seem to have sales with coupons every weekend. It makes the UK seem like rip-off Britain, makes me sad. Anyway, one of the cartridges I got was Paper Dolls. I have been on the fence about this one, although I may use the little people in scrapbook pages for the children, but I wanted to see what else I could come up with.
The cowboy boots were cut at 4" with real dial size on, and the spurs at 2 1/2". I ran them through the cuttlebug to give texture. The sentiment is a home-made rub on
The Bra was the hula girl's top, cut at 3" in white, then I stamped it in black with stampin up victorian lace background stamp. Added some paper lace from Lakeland UK. The 'thanks a lot' stamp is Studio G, 'for your support' is a home made rub on.
The hat was cut at 3", added lots of purple stickles to this. The sentiment is by stampin up

To make a home made rub on, write your sentiment using the font and colour of your choice on your computer. When ready to print, go to your print options and select 'mirror image'. Insert a transparency into your printer with the slightly rough side up, so that it prints on the smooth side. Print, remove carefully and position your words where you want it on your card. Rub with a rub on stick or your bone folder. Be very careful not to move the transparency or you will have a messy smudge. Wipe the transparency with a baby wipe and it's ready for your next rub-on.

9 comments:

  1. Wow how clever ! your cards are fantastic mmm i should take another look at my paperdoll cart TFS !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant cards!!!

    i have the PD cart and havent had much chance to explore it yet..

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my these are all gorgeous:)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy. All of these cards are just fantastic. How cute are those boots! I saw that Michaels had a sale on the cartridges and I passed this time around because I really really need to start using my cricut more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable, I saw that cartridge and now sorry I did not get it, did not think I would use the paper dolls but you have sure put this cartridge to good use, have to go see if they have anymore left.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enfys,
    You r so creative..I am going to have to try those rub-ons..Beautiful as always..Krista

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, great ideas Enfys! I have the paper dolls cart and haven't thought outside the box like this, fab idea!! Can't wait to come shopping in Florida again!! I agree it is sad we live in rip off Britain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards, thanks for the tip about making your own rub-ons.
    eileenpaul

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x