Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Thursday 20 March 2008

Inked Cuttlebug Folder Card


Whilst I was 'blog hopping' the other day I found this great blog where the person had done some cards by inking the cuttlebug folder - stupidly, I forgot to bookmark her blog, if anyone knows who she is, please tell me so that I can credit her. Anyway, I played around with it, and the results are really cool. I swiped an inkpad (you need a really juicy one) over the TOP side of the embossing folder, that's the side with the black writing on it, then ran it through the machine as usual with white cardstock. You need to really ink it up well, keep swiping your inkpad until loads of colour shows on the folder. To clean your folder, simply run through the machine again with a baby wipe between the folder, and voila, good as new. I played around quite a bit, inked the back of the folder etc, but this example is the best to show you, as the colours are so vivid. The numbers one looks great in real life, I swiped it with one of those big and juicy huge inkpads which come in graduated colours, and the effect is really subtle, but it has not photographed well. Karen kindly sent me a link to a you tube tutorial, thanks Karen -
You might enjoy this video tutorial.http://paperpleasing.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/03/cuttlebug-ink-e.html

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good! Now I want a Cuttlebug. This blog surfing is not doing my wallet any favours! JC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is a great idea, must give it a go. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will def give this a go when my cuttlebug arrives, thanks for the tip on the new technique Enfys

    x
    Rima

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fab idea i am definately going to try this TFS !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tagged you! Feel free to play or pass - up to you :) List 7 interesting/weird facts about yourself.

    I'm going to have to try inking up these folders! It sounds so messy though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just learned something from you! I never thought to do that! Thank you for the wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are fabulous, I love this technique, thank you for explaining it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't that the coolest technique!! I found that last week sometime blog hopping too. I also did not note her name, but she's a genious! I tried it and love it!! Wonderful card Enfys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe this is the one you were looking at. It is a video tutorial

    http://paperpleasing.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/03/cuttlebug-ink-e.html

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x