Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Monday 1 December 2014

Youve been SPEC-tacular.....

 Time for my check up with my Opthalmic surgeon today, here's the card I made for him to say thanks...I found these wooden spectacles in Jo-Anns when I went over to the USA in April, I know they would come in useful one day! Funnily enough, he wears glasses just like these himself.....


I was heavily influenced by one of my favourite crafters Jennifer McGuire in making this card, if you haven't discovered her blog yet go HERE you are in for a treat and she has a load of cardmaking videos on YouTube

The glasses were given a good coat of black soot distress ink, then covered with glossy accents. The tag was written and cut on the Cricut Explore - I added some little stitch lines with a Letraset fine liner pen. The background paper is by Crate Paper and the thanks die cut is by Memory Box



and there is a lovely nurse who was there to reassure me through both the surgeries, so this one is for her......


I hope they like them - I had a lot of fun trying to come up with an appropriate design!

On our way down to London now, but the laptop is with me, so it will be business as usual here this week. See you tomorrow x

18 comments:

  1. Oh these card are just tooooo cute!!! and so perfect.
    I also make cards but for my dentist with a fresh fruit tray.
    So glad others do too..
    have fun with the grand kids....I'm sure you'll have stories to tell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards, and perfect for the purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What eye-catching designs Enfys! Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute cards! I wear glasses and would be blind as a bat without them.
    Have a great time in London.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards Enfys - I'm sure they will be much appreciated.
    Have fun in London.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards and so appropriate! I'm sure they will love the personal touch and the effort that has gone into making them. Hope the check up goes OK and that you enjoy your time with the grandchildren. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute idea! Hope all goes well today. Take care and enjoy your grand children.

    jdaisy9402 - Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute are your cards Enfys x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh do I love your cards! They are freaking adorable and put a smile on my face. Your surgeon and his nurse will love them! You're so amazing! Glad you are feeling so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How could they not love them - they are fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! Both of them. Great idea, lucky you found those 'specs'. Have fun in the city. Are you going to see the grand kids while you're there? Wish I could go shopping and 'do lunch' with you. What fun... well a girl can dream. Hugs Jess

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will use your idea to come up with something for our doctor - hope you don't mind! This is such a great idea! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These cards are over the top adorable! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such adorable cards Enfys. I also love Jennifer McGuire. I could watch her videos all day long. Don't let the grandkids wear you out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely idea and the cards turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute! They will be loved, I am sure. BethAnn M.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this. Great fan of Crate Paper myself.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so cool. Thanks for the giggle. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x