Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Wednesday 5 November 2014

Christmas Tree Blueprint....


Here's one I made with the Tim Holtz Christmas tree blueprint stamp. I heat embossed in Rangers queens gold directly onto the white panel, then again onto a scrap of white card and cut out just the tree which I popped on with foam tape. I wanted the base card to match the gold, so I swiped the edges with versamark and sprinkled that with the same embossing powder....



Here's a little tip, if you want to add a little something but don't feel a ribbon would be exactly right, cut a tiny snip in the base of your card, then start winding some metallic gold sewing thread around the card, fanning out the thread as you go - easy and effective, and it doesn't add bulk to your card


Thank you to all those who purchased stamps yesterday, I hope you enjoy them. They are all packed and on their way. There are still a few left for sale, if you missed them, scroll down to yesterday's post

It's going to be a creative sort of day today, I want to get a couple of videos in the pipeline and maybe a couple of cards because tomorrow I am off to the NEC (National Exhibition Center) for a big craft show, I'm not working there, just shopping and catching up with some friends, especially my best crafty buddy Kath who is flying down from Aberdeen. I've made a list of supplies I need, will I stick to the list? Not a chance.......I'll take lots of photos to show you the samples and the latest on the UK crafty scene

13 comments:

  1. Enfys,
    Thanks again for the stamps cannot wait to get them and use them. Off to Michaels tomorrow so I am not going to tell you not to shop much. We will have to take pictures of what we get. Thanks and have fun....

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card...can't wait to see you again...big hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is stunning, and it seems so simple, too. Love the tip with the thread; I must look for some. Can't wait to see what you bring back from the craft show. BethAnn M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Like the gold thread idea. I have a bunch of gold embroidery thread, that I'll never use in a needle again. Great timing of a stamp sale! LOL, now you have some extra cash to spend on new goodies. Can't wait to see whet you've bought. Big hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card and love your tip on the thread, I'll have to give it a try!

    Sounds like you have a fun day tomorrow, can't wait to hear the story and see the pictures! Enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tip for using the thread Enfys. Anything that makes a card cheaper to post but still looks good is useful to know. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely Enfys ......hope you enjoy your time with Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Enfys.
    Enjoy the NEC and your time catching up with Kath. Look forward to seeing what you buy.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Enfys - and thanks for the tip about the thread, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to seeing your pictures of the craft show and what goodies you find ! Thanks for the tip about the thread !
    Anna N.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card and the idea of using the thread to embellish is genius. Very nice idea. Have fun at the craft show! Can't wait to see the goodies you come home with and what you make with them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those stamps and your idea with your card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an elegant card. Love the stringing technique. Especially since it's still able to go through the mail.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x