Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Wednesday 3 September 2014

Stamptember day 2...

Here we go again, another card using this new set called Presents and Ornaments from Simon Says Stamps


this time I decided to make a birthday card - I know it's a Christmas set, but there are all sorts of little elements on there that can be used for other cards, so I used two of the little stitched circle dies, the solid star and some of the presents and bows. I used Stampin Up celery ink, Hero Arts pool, and a Studio G orange chalk ink - note to self, ask Santa for loads of Simon Says Stamp and Hero Arts inks


 the presents have all been given a coat of Wink of Stella clear glitter pen, but of course, that doesn't show in the photo, it looks pretty though


and I'm sharing with you a lovely thank you card that I received from Debbie, she recently won some markers, and this arrived in the mail, isn't it lovely? Thank you so much Debbie x


So there I was in the charity shop, doing some sorting, which basically means opening black sacks of donations and praying before you dive in. Along comes a young fellow who dumped eleven bags on the floor and walked out muttering 'you're welcome to it......'

So I dived in, and there was this treasure trove of designer/high end fashion, all very current, all very expensive, all very immaculate (and unfortunately, not my size). Eleven sacks full! So I have a theory (of course), - she has just done a runner with his best friend, and is coming back at the weekend to collect her expensive designer wardrobe.......well, it's all priced up and hanging in the shop, if she hurries she may be able to snag a bargain - okay, so when you are 'black sack diving' for a few hours, you need a few entertaining thoughts to fill your mind.

I wasn't called on to use the cash register this time, I can't think why - they are probably still trying to get the books to balance after my last attempt...

The latest 'grandchild gem', this time from five year old Milo....

'If Max dies, can I have his room?'

Kids!!!!

See you tomorrow, don't forget the poll please x 

23 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting other than Christmas cards. Yes, it will soon be here. Michaels has rows and rows of it now!! It is September, right? I love your stories about your volunteering . Talking about thrift stores, I hit the jackpot one day when I found 30 gorgeous wood stamps from stampers anonymous - oh yeah, I was greedy. Took all of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv the way you change the whole theme from Christmas to birthday and the colors you used are fabulous!!!!!
    I wouldn't want to be the one that opens the closet door and find it empty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm back from my trip to Ireland and trying to catch up on all the blogging I missed. Looks like I have plenty to look at too.
    Lovely card, I love being able to stretch my stamps like this too.
    Oh I think someones ex is going to be upset when her clothes are gone! and someone is going to be very happy to find some nice things in her size!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Gotta love Milo!
    Great use of the stamps. Wink of Stella adds just enough sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of Christmas stamps as in Birthday converted theme. Love the way how you used them! Gorgeous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmm...I need to take another look at all my Christmas stamps and see if I can fathom other ways to use them. You've definitely inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never a dull moment...
    Love your cards and the way you have stretched your stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely birthday card Enfys - those colours are so pretty.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pleased the card arrived. I recently heard someone say that there was nothing better than cakes and flowers, so it inspired me with this one.
    Yes, I agree there are too many Xmas cards from August till December shown in some places (as if there are no other cards to make) and it puts me off other blogs. I'm fine with Xmas cards, just not when there's nothing else but hat shown. Love the innovation here with changing around those stamps to suit the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely card, and it's great to see how to use the stamps for other purposes, too! I'm sure whoever scores a great bargain will be thrilled. Too bad for the runaway fashionista. BethAnn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the birthday card, love the fact that you made me realize I need to think outside the box! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely cards, sure like the soft colored circles. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the card. I'll bet she'll come storming in and scream at the manager to give her back her things. Of course he's a mean one and she's just got out with her life. In that case, the clothes on her back would be enough. But who knows. I can't believe Milo is 5! Our Hailey had her 4th yesterday. They grow so fast.
    Thanks for sharing, hugs Jess

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like today's card Enfys, the stamps are great. I played badminton with one of my grandsons yesterday and he was getting cocky about winning the first two games. I pointed out to him that even if he won ALL the games it would be a hollow victory as I'm 58 years older than him!! Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Enfys, I love all your posts dearly, but when you tell your stories, it makes my day. I think that somewhere along the line you missed your calling to become a novelist :-) I'm sure I would buy every single one of your books! I love the humorous way you tell your stories hehehe.
    Hugs,
    Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry, Enfys, I was still laughing about your story and forgot to tell you that your cards are lovely. Great inspiration to use holiday stamps for other occasions!
    Hugs,
    Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that bday card. So clever. I also work for charity sorting clothes, but have never been lucky enough to get 11 bags of designer clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. lol.........Children they are so amusing this is stunning as always Enfys loving the sparkle too! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great use of the xmas stamps for non-xmas cards. Well done on the black bags. Always nice to get quality and not just the dirty laundry. Kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab card Enfys. Nice to see the versatility of this stamp set. Had to smile when reading your tales of the charity shop.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the cards, Enfys. You always
    have great cards. Your mind must be running in rap speed all the time. Your gran
    dkids are always so oute.

    Dianne Bell - Sewpro02@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x