Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Tuesday 2 September 2014

Simon Says Stamp Stamptember - my first two cards.....

The wonderful online company Simon Says Stamp are holding a month long stamp party, they generously sent me this set to play with


and here are the first couple of cards I made today. This first one was done on watercolour paper, I just used a blending tool to swirl around chipped sapphire, tumbled glass and evergreen bough distress inks then used the Simon Says Stamps Falling Snow stencil to add some texture paste


 the silver thread is just regular silver sewing thread. The medallion snowflake was stamped onto white card with chipped sapphire ink and given three coats of clear gloss embossing powder by Wow



and the stars? I use this oldie but goodie border punch by Martha Stewart, I don't think I've ever used it for a border, but I love the tiny little stars it punches out, and use them a lot, especially around Christmastime.... 


For my next card I thought it would be fun to stamp the word merry over and over in different shades of green, then cut the panel into a tree shape. I used the tiny trees border for a background....



both the cards were made using a 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 white card base from Craftwork cards - my size of choice at Christmas, smaller than I usually make, but I have a horror of being thought a bit over the top when my friends and family open their mail!


You can get a lot of inspiration about using their products by following their blog - I do! Talking of blog parties, I may be having a big party myself very soon - I am one person away from 3,000 followers (that's not counting the other 4,000+ who are email subscribers), so that seems like a good excuse for a party to me. I am getting in touch with everyone I have done work for since starting the blog to beg some prizes to give out to you, so it should be fun....

I found myself all set up with my tripod, camera, all the gear, then realized I didn't really have a clue what to make a video of. So I have set up a poll in the sidebar, giving you a few options of what you would like to see. If you get an email when I post, I would appreciate it if you can click on the grey Going Buggy header at the top of your email which will bring you over here so that you can also have a choice. You can check as many of the boxes as you would like, I'll keep it running for a week and see how it goes. I almost put a box in saying 'no videos, please, no videos' but decided against it! If none of you vote, I'll get the message.....

I'll tell you about my afternoon at the charity shop tomorrow, see you then x

25 comments:

  1. Really love the starry sky card. I'll have to keep my eyes open for that MS punch - I often need little stars, too, and that looks like the perfect solution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are great Enfys as usual.
    I really like the first one that is blue. Looks like a beautiful starry night to me.
    I like everything that you do.
    I have that punch and never save those little stars. Guess I will have to now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Christmas cards Enfys. The first one is very striking. Love the idea of using the little stars from the punch.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You lucky girl! The new Stamptember release is fabulous and I love what you did with your stamp set. The punched crisp white stars look great against the blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, those cards are lovely and so are the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read your blog every day Enfys but have never registered as a follower, have done so now. Enjoy your day and see you tomorrow. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two lovely cards Enfys. I love the stunning blue of the first card and the more 'fun' style of the second. Great creations.
    Congrats on your number of followers.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely card Enfys...great ideas too, thanks for sharing them. I have tried to vote on the videos with no success, perhaps my android tablet is a problem....I would love a colouring video, not a complete beginners, more extra techniques etc. Well done on your followers, amazing numbers there! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness Enfys both your cards are gorgeous so creative too great use of the stars from the punch and the colour blue is striking as always your creations are stunning cc

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two really lovely cards and I love that border punch

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so excited to hear you will be hosting a blog party! Love your cards and love the fact you'll be working with your video equipment! Thank you for all the hard word you put into maintaining your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK I voted, wow you have a lot of followers!I don't know why I shod be surprised, you are a great creator of all things paper. Looking forward to your hop. tfs, hugs Jess

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh gosh, you are just too funny. Let's see if I remember all the comments that flitted across my brain cell whilst I was reading... Love the blue starry xmas card. Those little stars are fab. Yeah, go big. Knock their Christmas socks off. I love STAMPtember. Way to go on the 3000. I see that's old news already. I have just hit a modest 60 and am a very happy bunny. Can't imagine 3000 wanting to follow me, but you are just such a star LOL. Big congrats. Well, since you've gone to the bother of setting up the video camera I'm off to vote for something Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the card ! I've never seen that punch before, that is neat ! Guess I need to get with it and start on my cards !
    Anna N.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I also have read your blog every day and never signed up as a follower. I did so now. :)
    Anna N.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am ready for the party. You have such great ideas. I am headed to Hobby Lobby tomorrow and can see some great purchases in my future. I love the blue card and the idea of using those punched stars.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great designs again! I love snowflakes, and every year promise I will do something different, but always do snowflakes! I have a lot of Martha punches and they are great.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the first card Enfys, it's so beautiful. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh My!!! luv all the cards you made....and couple I can do too....
    I subscribe to your blog, but I don't think I've became a follower???? I have now!! and I also voted for coloring and card making from scratch...course I would have marked all of them...but didn't want to overwhelm you...lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. I see you are over 3000 as I write this, Congrats!
    Love your card, very pretty indeed! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards. I really like the "Merry" one. Very imaginative. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x