Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 27 June 2014

Summer in Venice 3


Here's the third card I made with the stamp - now you can scroll down and tell me which card is your favourite... for this one I made a pretty label, more of that later


and this one is the only one I coloured, with ProMarkers,  I used very neutral tones, to me she looks like the type of lady who would always wear soft restrained colours and look totally fabulous. I would dress like this every day if I could, but washing the kitchen floor and getting inky would make me look a bit silly - I can imagine the look on the postman's face if I answered the door in this get-up! I was imagining her going to a fabulous Venetian wedding, or maybe to a rendezvous with her lover.....sigh. There's quite a lot of embossing on the base card, not showing up very well in the photo




I was playing around with punches to make some pretty sentiment labels.....


I just cut strips of cardstock, and inserted one end into one of those corner Martha Stewart punches.....


This strip was a bit wider, but not a problem....



I just snipped off the corner, following the curve.....



an ended up with this. I did use a regular long punch on a couple of them, it works just fine as long as you turn the punch over and position the card very exactly before punching - the one on todays card was made with a long punch, you can see the little notches on the ends, but I quite like that look


That's it for today, I'll be back home tomorrow, probably with a couple of Max and Milo tales to tell, see you then x

18 comments:

  1. Hi Enfys, another lovely card. I think the second one is my favourite. Love the distress colours. Great idea with the word banners. Love the effect of the punches

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one. Of course I like them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like them all but the first is my favourite love the soft pretty colours angxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Venice ... I really like this place. And I think that lady fits there perfectly. Wonderful card and I really like the labels idea. Thanks for sharing it. :) Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My ... another fabulous card made with the Summer in Venice stamp. Again, I love your color selections, it gives it a classy, elegant feel, and makes me wish I were the young lady. I imagine her going off on a shopping spree, or lunch with her friends. However the idea of a secret rendezvous with her lover sounds even more exciting. (*wink*) I do like your idea of using punches to add a little extra flair to sentiment labels ... thanx for sharing it.

    It's so hard to pick a favorite among these three lovely cards ... although you've used the same stamp, you've combined different embellishments and coloring techniques to give each one their own special look and unique characteristics. If I were pushed to select just one, I think it would be the first one. I think it has more of a romantic feel, and I love the subtle splashes of color (the water & lips), and the idea of giving the dress and hat an extra bit of interest using the patterned paper ... plus the flowers add a wonderful dimension too.

    But as I said ... I truly like them all. Thanx for once again inspiring me with your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sentiment labels look super Enfys. The punching on the ends really makes them look a bit different.

    I love the soft almost watercolour effect that this latest card has but I think the use of similar colours across all three cards helps to show that even when co-ordinating things they can be made to look very different.

    The pen user in me says no:3 is my favourite but I have to say that I really love the simple lines of the swipe of background colour created by no: 2. No: 1 is lovely and soft with that hint of pattern in the paper piecing...oh heck, I love them all.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. All three are lovely but I do prefer this last one, the colours are just so subtle. Have a great weekend everyone and enjoy your time with the children Enfys. We're painting the granddaughter's playhouse today - if it doesn't rain!! Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous too, but I think I still prefer the first one you showed. It's quite different.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love them all Enfys, but I think the first one just creeps in as my favourite. Good tip using punches for sentiment strips xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all three, but I think that the last one is my favorite; so summery. Great tip for using some of those punches that are resting comfortably in my punch box! I will have to give that tip a try. Thank you. BethAnn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning Enfys! I love all the cards, but if I have to choose one it would be today's. Thank you for sharing and thanks for the little tips on making the tabs! Have fun with your grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All three are fabulous, the stamp is gorgeous! My favourite is number 2 though (if I am forced to choose!) I love the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea with the punches. Hadn't thought of that. Beautiful card.

    Dianne Bell - Sewpro02@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card and beautiful sentiment labels.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty. I don't want to choose! I like them all. Lol TFS, hugs Jess and

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty. I don't want to choose! I like them all. Lol TFS, hugs Jess and

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty. I don't want to choose! I like them all. Lol TFS, hugs Jess and

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really pretty card Enfys. I think this one has to be my favourite of all three. Great idea with the labels too.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x