So for this card, I put the bird branch mask onto a panel of white cardstock, popped the background stencil over that and used distress inks for the background. When I took that away, there was a crisp white branch, so I positioned the branch stencil carefully over that and dabbed it with black ink - being quite light with the dauber, I wanted a faded look - I rather like it. The chalkboard thank you was in a pack I picked up in the dollar bin. I dotted a few clear sequins around for a bit of sparkle, but the camera hasn't picked those up
Now take a look at my other accomplishment for today. Ta da.........
With the help of you tube videos, a bit of arm wrestling and some brute force, the monster cube has been tamed. I took the photo of the card above 'in the box' (notice I'm getting a bit arty with some background flowers....). I don't have a big enough space to put the monster on a table so I had to lie full length on the floor to take today's photo, quite ridiculous for a woman of my age, and probably risking never being able to get up again.... I do like the seamless look of the background, but I really can't go through that wrestling match with a bit of nylon and some stiff wires every day, so I must have a new work regime - make the cards and have a weekly photography session. Only time will tell if this is a sensible decision
See you tomorrow x