Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Monday 24 June 2013

Going Fishing....

I wanted to make a card using this lovely silhouette that I got from the Silhouette store. I spongled a panel with distress inks before attaching the silhouette, and added just a couple of Memory box clouds to add interest...


I really like the way this turned out, I must say, the Cameo does a great job of cutting out these detailed intricate cuts. I don't think it would be possible to do this on my Cricut without tearing the cardstock. I used quite heavy cardstock, but it cut through it like butter. I still turn to my Cricut though, I have favourite cuts that I turn to over and over again, and my George cartridge is permanently in the machine for quick circles, ovals and letters. I didn't think I would turn into a two-cutting-machine-crafter, but that's what seems to be happening, each machine has it's own star quality



11 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card, Love the look your created for the back sunset

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I think that I give myself a Cameo on my birthday.[My cuttlebug exploded last week] Do you have experients with stansmachines ? Wich one is the best?
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful card, tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. LOVE IT! TFS.
    I never thought I'd have both machines either (one was blog candy) Just like all of my other crafting goodies they accent each other.
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. just gorgeous En. I have to totally agreeon the fine cutting. I welded and cut a name on mine last week that was so fine I didn't think it would cut at all but it did gorgeously! :) happy days!!
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card. It does frustrate me when the Cricut carts have very detailed cuts that never seem to be accomplished without a tear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this one. Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep thinking about a Cameo, but I do still love to use my Cricut and my Cuttlebug ( and my Spellbinders). Good to see I'm not alone in my "obsession"! Really pretty card today. I will try that sponged background. BethAnn M.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely silhouette Enfys. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enfys, This is truly lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really should be using my Silhouette more. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x