Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Monday 1 October 2012

One stamp - two ways

Here's a couple of cards, both made with the same Hero Arts stamp set, both looking quite different. For the first one, I stamped all four images onto white card, coloured them and cut out the squares. I stamped the flowers again, and popped them on with foam pads for a bit of dimension. I chose pastels - ProMarkers of course
Lavender, cool aqua and duck egg, blossom and carnation pink, pastel blue and denim blue. Leaves apple and bright green






For this next card I stamped the image directly onto a square of white cardstock, and backed that with green and stitched around it. The popped flowers were sprinkled with Frantage glitter, I love the coarse chunky look of these flakes






I will sort the winners of last months  challenge out today, and post them here tomorrow. This will be the last challenge for a while, it's quite a lot of work, and I am a bit overrun with magazine and design team work at the moment, so I thought with the busy Christmas/Holiday season coming up, this would be a good time to take a break and I can start it up again in the new year. Don't worry though, there will still be frequent prizes here from Letraset to get you all in the colouring mood.....There is a whole week of giveaways from Polkadoodles coming up as well, so look out for that

I was browsing an old magazine yesterday, a middle of the road mumsy sort of publication. Look Better Naked it said on the cover - better than what is the question we must ask ourselves here. Better than Angelina Jolie? Not in a million years. Better than you looked twenty years ago? Unlikely. Better naked than with a nice comfy pair of M & S knickers and a bra that's gone a funny colour because you put it in the wash with the tea towels? Possibly. These days, I personally subscribe to the 'look better with as few of your bits showing as possible' school of beauty, so I didn't bother to read how the miracle was going to happen (I have a feeling it would involve a lot of running about wearing jogging stuff, I didn't fancy that). So I skipped on to the article on How to be a Domestic Goddess. Maybe I'll chat about that tomorrow, I am exhausted at the very thought of it, so need to lie down and recover....

14 comments:

  1. Love the fresh feel of the first and the autumnal feel to the second, all in all beautiful cards Enfys. Had to laugh at your underwear description, were you peeping at my washing line lol. Can't wait for the goddess tips lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Enfys - brought a smile to my face as you so often do. I love both the cards but if I had to choose I think the first one is my fave. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Enfys - as you say, they look very different from each other. It's amazing how much difference a change of colour can make.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cards, like always, are beautiful. And I am sooo looking forward to learning how to become a domestic goddess!, sounds like too much work and I will likely remain a domestic failure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful cards Enfys and love that they look different in their own way. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Enfys, Both of your cards are gorgeous l like the dimension and the pastel colours used and the stitching on the 2nd card and how lovely the Frantage glitter looks totally stunning and great inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi En, I hope you rested well enough. lol Love the cards, I should sew on mine too. The reason I haven't is...lazyness. I too need to nap afer thinking about it! lol Big hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards! I love the stitching on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enfys,
    Thanks again for a great challenge and I love these cards. Great Job..I love reading the blog and the cute stories...............

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards! I love the colors, love the layout, love everything about them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. both lovely cards, think the first is my fave though angxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both cards are gorgeous! The Frantage glitter looks fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Enfys oh wow just realised I have those stamps in my drawer in the cupboard, they do look gorgeous and your card is just stunning. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely cards! I love the colors, love the layout, love everything about them!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x