Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Saturday 27 October 2012

Blue Iris......


I made this card back in July, and for some reason hesitated about putting it on the blog, I wasn't totally happy with the colouring and thought it looked a bit plain. But after letting it sleep in a folder for months, I pulled it out and really like it on second viewing. Maybe I should have wrapped a ribbon around the dark blue strip. Never mind. What do you think?



This weekend there is a spooky happening going on over at the Making Spot, the blog for Papercraft Inspirations magazine and it's sister publications. Go over and take a look, lots of ideas. I will be joining the party tomorrow, so be sure to come back to see what I have done

I do know that it's only October, but I keep buying Christmas magazines, full of stuff about decorating your house and baking cookies for your neighbours. Now I like my neighbours, but really can't imagine that I will be baking sugar crusted pecan cookies for them and presenting them in a cute jar with a handcrafted label. One decorated house looked lovely, with handmade frosted glass candle holders glowing on each step of the stairs, but the reason for my pre-season excitement is that this year, for the first time in years I have all my chicks together under my roof for Christmas day - which means that I will have the little chickadees  as well - I can imagine the mayhem if I put delicately crafted candles on the stairs............maybe I better plan to cook some of those sugar crusted cookies for the fire brigade......

Come by and see my new video tomorrow, oh and a giveaway too  x 

20 comments:

  1. morning en.
    well I think "oh my gosh you put that in a folder and put it away?"!!!
    ts so pretty hun, my nana would of loved this card, iris's were one of her favourites and they look lovely in blue.
    Hug hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous I love the flowers and you have coloured the beautifully. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Enfys, the card is beautiful, subtle colouring and a super shape! Enjoy a fab day, Ruby x

    ReplyDelete

  4. Hi Enfys ,

    Love your card . It's simply but
    elegant , beautiful colouring .

    Have a nice weekend
    hugs Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Enfys!
    I think your card is soft and elegant.
    I love the shape and your coloring of the flowers looks great.
    hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colour of the flowers Enfys and, yes, I think some ribbon on the blue band would look gorgeous. I'm having all my family here for Christmas lunch this year and really looking forward to it. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Enfys, Your card is so beautiful so elegant too! l have these in my garden during the summer and the smell from them is gorgeous so pleased that you have shown it now have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card - Such a wonderful shape and beautiful image. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enfys, Love the card. Sounds like you'll be having a wonderful Christmas.
    Hugs, CyndiU

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Irises! But then again, I love iris, just they really catch my eye. TFS
    TK Watson

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simple cards are the prettiest. I love this one. Beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, very elegant looking too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the card...simple but elegant! I'm thinking you're right...a bow would be the perfect finishing touch! So happy you're getting the whole family or Christmas..no wonder you're so excited!!

    Hugs,
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous card Enfys.


    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful thing to look forward to! All the kiddies home for Christmas! I know you'll have a wonderful time. We haven't had a big family christmas since my boys started having to visit 2 sets of parents :-( I don't have trouble sharing, but I would love to have them all together on the same day! What ever day it is lol. Share pix En. Oh and I like the card, but a smaller strip of ribbon over the blue strip would look good too. TFS Hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the Iris card Enfys. A little lighter blue strip would look nice but it also looks fine the way it is.
    How lucky you are to have all you family together for Christmas.
    I very seldom have that and I only have two boys and a step Son. Last year was the first time he didn't stay all day at my house, even with my Sweetie being gone. My 10 year old Grand daughter just don't understand why they don't spend as much time at Nana's house as they do other places on Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Enfys, I think the simplicity of the card makes it very elegant. I love it and wouldn't change a thing!
    Enfys, think about this, with all your chicks and chickadees around for Christmas, a few fire fighters won't make that much of a difference Hehehe
    Family is what Christmas is all about, so yours is bound to be absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good Morning, Enfys,I love your card the way it is. Did you make the base - if not where did you get it - it's so pretty. I envy you, spending the Holidays with all your chicks and chikadees. Enjoy!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is a really pretty image - what's the name of it?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty card! Love the shading on the irises!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x